Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Hello/intro from newbie, and a question about events/actions in the near future (4 posts)

1. Diane

Hi! I'm new to the 9/11 Truth movement. These past few weeks I've spent quite a bit of time looking at Jim Hoffman's sites and emailing him feedback (e.g. corrections of typos and other minor errors) and asking him some questions. In one of his replies to me, he recommended your group.

I was first exposed to the 9/11 Truth movement a couple of years ago. But, at that time, the person who first introduced me to it showed me a website featuring ideas like holograms, fake video, and fake phone calls. This all struck me as completely bonkers, so, at that time, I dismissed the "9/11 Truth" movement as just a bunch of nuts.

But then, a couple of months ago, while attending an anti-war event, I overheard two men having a physics-literate debate about whether the WTC towers had been brought down by controlled demolition. This got my curiosity up, given my own fairly strong physics background. Eventually I wondered whether there were any engineers who believed in the idea of controlled demolition of the WTC buildings, so I Googled accordingly and eventually found the website of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth. That was my introduction to what I now consider to be the saner branches of the 9/11 Truth movement. I reluctantly concluded that the fall of the WTC 1, 2, and 7, especially WTC 7, did indeed look suspiciously like controlled demolition, and that this possibility needs to be investigated. The Architects and Engineers site, in turn, brought me to Jim Hoffman's sites.

Unfortunately, it looks like I missed your September 2 event yesterday. Will Truthmove be doing anything else in the near future? On the front page of your website, under "Announcements & Events," I see listings of "General Strike 9/11/07" and "World Can’t Wait Orange Fridays - Union Square 5:30pm," but I find nothing about what TruthMove in particular will be doing on those days.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Victronix

Hi Diane - welcome!

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Diane

In the following thread:

http://www.truthmove.org/forum/topic/627

yfhahn wrote: "Seems a little strange to me as the members here are out every weekend helping people wake up to the truth..."

Do you have some specific places where you go every weekend? I'd like to meet some of you if possible.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

:)

Have a look at our home page, or our Action page more specifically for a view of our past and upcoming actions. I haven't got the previous weeks entry up, we went to the Metropolitan Museum and were at Union Square last Sunday, and we usually post our upcoming action by Wednesday. We go somewhere different in NYC every week. You are certainly welcome to join us. This upcoming weekend will be busy, with lots of people in town for the anniversary. Not sure what the plan will be yet. Stay tuned.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.