Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Nuclear Extortion, 9-11 and the Politics of Mass Murder (1 post)

1. who

Nuclear Extortion, 9-11 and the Politics of Mass Murder

One of the phenomena that I find remarkable in the arguments by “debunkers” and defenders of the essential elements of the official story of 9-11 is that the USG is somehow incapable of such a heinous act. While more recent ethical, moral and tactical failures of the USG both by the executive branch and the Congress may be targeted for daily examination and rebuke, the insane horror of 9-11 often seems to engender silence, a collapse of critical thought and an absence of reasonable and justifiable attention to the many questions about what happened. I think that the USG is not only capable of Mass Murder but has historically set precedents for the use of “violence of scale” to extend and perpetuate the interests of “Democracy”.

In the twentieth century the USG utilized the most extreme and horrific weapon ever devised to vanquish the enemy and then proceeded to refine this weapon, stockpile it and use it to impose their will on the rest of the world. I think that a government which has such a well established record for mass murder is surely capable of engaging in a “Northwoods” type of false flag terror attack on its own citizenry.

Joseph Gerson’s “* With Hiroshima Eyes: Atomic War, Nuclear Extortion, and Moral Imagination.*” addresses the issue of the USG’s Nuclear strategies..

review:
    http://www.highbeam.com/library/docFree.asp?DOCID=...

Dr. Gerson comments on the present-day situation:

Bush's War: Where it is Going & What We Should Do About It

for the Taking Our Message Home Conference, Boston, Mass. March 16, 2002
    http://www.russfound.org/Enet/gerson2.htm

Looking closely, we see that the 9-11 attacks gave the Bush Administration the political opening to attempt to impose its will militarily, to massively increase military spending and weapons acquisition, to advance its right-wing domestic agenda, and to exercise an arrogance of power that was beyond our imaginations.

How did this happen? At the popular level, the 9-11 attacks plunged the country into a dangerous identity crisis. For the first time in almost 200 years, the two great oceans were not vast enough to protect U.S. citizens from attack. The losses and pain suffered by many people have been amplified and manipulated by the president and his mandarins who are no strangers to Machiavelli, by the mass media, by politicians, by the U.S. military-industrial-complex, by religious fundamentalists and racist authoritarians, and by our culture of U.S. exceptionalism. This has been compounded by the erosion of democratic values, practices and structures over the past generation.

The Bush Administration, is using this confusion and disorientation, and the United States' enormous military and economic power, to create a New New World Order to guarantee U.S. dominance far into the 21st century. Colin Powell put it well when he said that the 9-11 attacks "set the reset button" on U.S. foreign and military policies. This restructuring of the global disorder predated 9-11

Of course the USG is capable of commiting mass murder to advance their global agenda -- the use and threat of mass murder has been fundmental to USG military philosophy for sixty years.

Killing Japanese didn't bother me very much at that time... I suppose if I had lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal.
    Curtis E. Lemay

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.