Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Moussaoui and the Search Warrants (3 posts)

1. JohnA

Someone posted this on 911Blogger - and i am interested in people's opinions. It appears to be an attempt to minimize the obvious obstruction that was taking place. Thoughts?

If Levis is lurking out there - i am particularly curious what your take is on this:

There is an urban myth that the warrant to search Moussaoui's belongings (which probably would have stopped 9/11) was prevented by the "wall". However, this is a load of old cobblers.

The first request was for a criminal warrant and had to be pre-approved by Dave Frasca, the chief of the Radical Fundamentalist Unit, but Frasca said that the warrant request could not be submitted. He later said that the main reason he denied the request was because he thought it did not establish probable cause for a search warrant - it was "shaky." Both Maltbie and Samit said that this is what he told them at the time. A secondary reason for this denial was that, if a criminal warrant were denied, then a subsequent request for an intelligence warrant may be denied by the FISA court, because a criminal warrant had previously been applied for. This is related to the "wall" provisions for complicated reasons I won't go into here. Therefore, the "wall" was a SECONDARY reason for the denial of the FIRST warrant request. This warrant request was granted on 9/11, so it was not shaky - that is just Frasca's BS.

As the investigation of Moussaoui was an intelligence investigation, the "wall" had nothing to do with the non-forwarding of the second warrant request, which was for a FISA warrant - there is no "wall" between an intelligence investigation and a FISA request. The second request was not forwarded because Maltbie, Flack and Frasca failed to provide the gatekeeper attorneys with the relevant documentation. Flack even read the Phoenix memo, but them jammed it where the sun don't shine and didn't tell anyone about it, despite they blindingly obvious connection between the memo and the Moussaoui case. At one point Moussaoui's imam, in a call monitored by the FBI, said that Moussaoui wanted to go "on jihad," but Frasca's response is that "this word can mean many things in various muslim cultures." On the other hand, the relevant DOJ attorney, James Baker (not that James Baker) said he "would have tied bells and whistles" to the jihad comment in a FISA application, but he never got to hear about it. In the key meeting about passing the request to this attorney's office, Spike Bowman said that Maltbie was "adamant" that the request should not be passed for review. That killed the warrant.

The Moussaoui case is not about Moussaoui or the hijackers, it's about Frasca, Maltbie, Flack, Rolince and the ubiquitously malign Mr. Wilshire.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. NicholasLevis

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see how it minimizes the obstruction. It says clearly that Frasca et al. blocked a motion and thus caused no warrant to be issued in the Moussaoui case, despite more than adequate and urgent reasons to issue a warrant, and although no "wall" or other regulation obstructed them from doing so, and although something like 9,998 out of 10,000 FISA warrants requested by the FBI had been issued to date.

Add in the other cases in which they obstruct and then the fact that all of them got promotions. Now one of them wants to shift blame to another, but not too loudly. So it all sounds like they had a perfect bureaucratic cover for protecting the alleged hijackers/likely patsies from premature detection.

Of course, everything around Moussaoui could be made up for propaganda purposes: How we almost stopped the plot, but failed due to the "wall" and inadequate financing, give us more money. It's not like they put the supposed contents of his hard drive on a torrent for download. One of the weirdest threads out of this story is that Moussaoui received an e-mail password from Nick Berg, R.I.P., who may have been a contract spy. (One of the first fellows to enter Iraq as an American setting up cell phone towers? Sorry, the possibility must be raised.) But this is considered a random encounter. http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/05/13/berg.en...

Also, "Osama" and "KSM" and Co. stepping in to disassociate from Moussaoui, calling him a loser.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. JohnA

Thank you. this appeared on a very contentious thread on blogger where they have been less than sympathetic to this whole avenue of research. but i think you're right - this is a pretty good treatment on the subject.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.