Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

TruthMove is looking for a venue in NYC - help! (4 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

Suggestions needed. We would like to start holding public events/meetings weekly or bi-monthly ASAP.

Is St. Marks worth even approaching? In the months before the anniversary, Frank Morales had assured me that the church was open to us and others, all we had to do was ask. I did ask twice and never got a reply, and then Ready for Mainstream happened. Maybe it's time to say goodbye to Frank as we have done with Les...

So what else is there? Other churches, community centers, theaters, colleges?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. JohnA

Levis - don't you have a connection for getting free space an CUNY?

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

We're still looking.

1. A smaller venue for semi/weekly meetings that could hold 30-50 people

2. A larger venue for a one time big scale event 75-100+ people

3. A small room/venue for private TM planning meetings 5-10 people

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. Victronix

I probably have already posted something like this, but have you tried city libraries for small meetings? Around here they offer space to groups to use at night for cheap or free.

Green Party student groups on college campuses could also be approached because the party supports a new 9/11 investigation, among most other things you support. All you need is an email of the student in charge, which you can generally find out about from the local chapter if it isn't on a webpage of the school. If you email you can find out if they would be interested in hosting a campus event.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.