Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Ahmadinejad Propaganda (7 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

Is it me, or is the propaganda over this visit a bit over the top? I don't really read newspapers anymore, but is it actually considered OK to say things like this? Wonderful journalism, thanks so much Daily News.

Outrage grows as school defends HITLER 'invitation'

ahm

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. How about the headline from the front page of Yahoo news and run a couple times on CNN.com ..... "Ahmadinejad questions 9/11, Holocaust." Now, is it just me or are they attempting to link his outrageous holocaust claims with legitimate 9/11 questions. The 911 perps see a golden opportunity here to paint 9/11 truthers as "Iran Supporters, Holocaust deniers" etc........

This is exactly why we need a robust movement able to (respond) to this type of propaganda in a united front.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

Executing homosexuals is pretty bad. But we execute innocent people here in the US as well. We've also directly and indirectly killed over 1,000,000 people in Iraq in the last 4 years.

It is so easy to push people's buttons when they're so well programmed. 1,000,000 killed in Iraq or "Oh my god Ahmadinejad said there's no gays in Iran. And they execute them there." or "Hey does anybody care that 200 species a day go extinct because we're destroying our life support system/planet?" Don't let these fuckers program you with their disgusting distractions and perverse priorities. Scoundrels.

Just like when people decry the barbaric beheadings but don't seem to care about the smart bombs killing children and the Fallujahs and the slaughtered families (do I need to write 1,000,000 again?). Don't let this dangerous logic slide. Call people out if they try to start spewing this shit.

'No homosexuals in Iran': Ahmadinejad

Ahmadinejad was challenged during his appearance on Amnesty International figures that suggested that 200 people had been executed in Iran so far this year, among them homosexuals.

http://rawstory.com//news/2007/No_homosexuals_in_I...

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. NicholasLevis

This is an essay I wrote today and posted on Democratic Underground:

In 2002 when Khatami was president of Iran, not Ahmadinejad...

Bush used his State of the Union address to issue what sounded (to the merely human ear) like a declaration of war, supposedly in response to 9/11, against something called the Axis of Evil. This neologism, a mental construct, consisted of three unrelated nations: Iraq, North Korea and Iran. Two of them were enemies to each other, and none of them were actually connected to the 9/11 attacks.*

At that time, Iran's elected president was Khatami, the moderate, the one elected twice by 2/3 of the people in the hope he would bring a genuine social reform to the harsh rule of the Mullahs. Far as I could read this as an outsider, it seemed like he gave it a shot, but was largely frustrated, and left with an economy in decline.

It was on Khatami's Iran that Bush declared war.

It was Khatami's Iran that was not-so secretly the ideal target of the new generation mini-nuke "bunker buster" bombs touted as a wonderful and necessary thing and developed under Rumsfeld.

The Iranian moderates and opposition parties begged Bush to butt out of their politics. They warned that he was strengthening the hand of the hardliners. In politics, it's axiomatic that when foreign powers make threats against a country, they strengthen that country's hardliners.

In 2005, Bush made himself a factor in the Iranian election with warnings that those people had better not vote for Ahmadinejad!

There are those on DU who will say this once again shows the incompetence of the Bush regime, and those who will believe Bush's statements were intended to boost Ahmadinejad so that the U.S. would get the "face of the enemy" it desired. (There are also those who no doubt figure it was the right thing for an American president to criticize this evil, evil monster.)

Now the game enters a phase in which the regime and the corporate media are ramping up a campaign of hatred, fear and hysteria directed against Ahmadinejad. A CBS interviewer hectored him outrageously, the New York tabloids scream lurid headlines: EVIL!

In context of developments in Iraq, Iran and the United States, the function of this campaign is undeniable: It is the propaganda preparation for the regime's already announced, unprovoked war of aggression on Iran, a war that may kill millions of people.

This campaign differs in tone from the WMD-9/11 propaganda used to sell the invasion of Iraq, but is just as transparent. And just like in 2003, I see many people here on DU falling for it. In 2003, many believed there were WMD, even though the only source providing anything that qualfied as evidence (the UN inspections records) made it clear that this was impossible.

Now, DU members are not endorsing a war. They think they're only condemning Ahmadinejad for being odious. In this, they go along with the pretense that the U.S. corporate media suddenly care about Ahmadinejad's views about the Nazi holocaust, or his persecution of gays, that this is why he's displaced Britney and O.J. as the primary target of the news.

There is only one reasonable stance in this debate: It is not with Ahmadinejad, but against the regime that is preparing to wage nuclear war and commit mass murder upon the Iranian people, and against the propaganda machinery that is busily creating the face of the enemy so as to justify the crime.

Note * i.e., these countries were unconnected to the 9/11 attacks even if you believe the official conspiracy theory of 9/11.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. truthmod
    Administrator

Hmmm. Looks like we were on the same wavelength. I hadn't read your DU post, by the way.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. NicholasLevis

BOLLINGER / AHMADINEJAD TRANSCRIPT: http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/202820.ph...

Very interesting reading. Bollinger starts it off with an academic version of the Daily News cover you have posted above, declaring war on Iran on behalf of Columbia.

Shameful, given that they've invited him, and of course backfiring: A. comes off as the reasonable one. How did they manage this?!

Lots of theocratic ideology follows, as well as ludicrous medieval statements about gays and women, but also some very interesting answers on Palestine and 9/11 that come across as sweetly reasonable.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. mark

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070925/D8RS6TN80... Ahmadinejad Questions 9/11, Holocaust Sep 24, 10:11 PM (ET) By NAHAL TOOSI

.... Signs in the crowd displayed a range of messages, including one reading: "We refuse to choose between Islamic fundamentalism and American imperialism."

more at

http://www.oilempire.us/fake-debate.html

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.