Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Disinfo Worldwide (12 posts)

1. cosmos

Hi truthmovers

As most of you probably know, I run truthaction.org which is the homebase for International Days of Truth Action on the Eleventh Day of Every Month until Justice. This campaign which started on February 11 2007 has been very successful, with street actions taking place in more and more locations around the world every month. Truth Revolution, the new video by Scott Noble which is being released today, documents the growth of this campaign through its first 8 months.

Also, as probably many of you know, I have taken a fairly hardline position against disinfo, misinfo and disruption. For having the willingness to speak up about the attacks on antiwar leaders by the promoters of the Kennebunkport Warning, both on truthaction.org and on my radio show, I (along with several other activists) was made the target of an ongoing smear campaign. These attacks started with Webster Tarpley claiming that we were cointelpro agents, then funded by the Ford Foundation and have now degenerated into claims that truthaction.org is an al Qaeda cell and a team of video producers are now pumping out dozens of youtube videos to further these attacks.

This is just to give a bit of background. I'm here to recruit.

My work with truthaction.org involves reaching out to and working directly with truth activists around the world. Some of these activists have brought to my attention the fact that, as truth activism goes worldwide more and more, so too does the profound disinfo plague that we face here in the US. To name just a few examples: the translation of September Clues into Italian, the promotion of pod theories in Madrid, the "Irish 9/11 Truth Movement" (a seemingly one man operation consisting of DEW and Joo-theory promotion), not to mention the dire situation with most of the "established" 9/11 truth operations in England. We Are Change UK (a group of activists in London who seem to have their heads on straight) is the most encouraging development to come out of there in a while.

So I'm here to ask for your help in addressing this situation in a positive and proactive way.

I would like your help in assembling the best materials to combat this problem and, if possible, help with translations as well. The document being cooked up here looks like it could go a long way towards helping with this, if handled properly and with great care. We are also starting a project at truthaction.org of developing a core set of unified talking points as a tool for truth activists. That's something I think will help out a lot too, and I'd like to invite interested parties here to participate in that as well.

Thanks!

cosmos

truthaction.org

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. JonGold

Cosmos? I don't know anyone by the name of Cosmos.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. JonGold

Actually, I was just thinking about you... awwwww... I remember in one of the earlier threads for the Eleventh Of Every Month Action, I made a statement about how this is going to grow, and nothing can stop it. I was looking for that quote.

Tell Danse he made a good movie.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. cosmos

Hi Jon. Quiet group here, eh?

btw truthmove is also included on the site promoting the al Qaeda cell bs.

They call this the cell's "private forum".

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. Arabesque

welcome cosmos!

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. JonGold

On my site, for a long time, I've had "Heh... I'm an insurgent." as my "title". Reason being... look up the definition.

in·sur·gent

1. Rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.

2. Rebelling against the leadership of a political party.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. truthmov
    Key Master

Yes, great to have you here cosmos. I think the 11th of the Month Campaign is the most powerful thing the movement has seen in quite a while. And you clearly understand that we must be responsible researchers and promoters along with a dedication to action.

We look forward to working with you and the rest of the people on this board toward some meaningful solutions.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. JonGold

Cosmos knows the deal. Listen to his show. You can hear it in his voice.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. cosmos

Thanks for the welcome!

I wanted to share what pushed me to seek collaboration here towards providing materials that might help with this problem. A number of people who contribute here also post on the truthaction forum (and those who don't are more than welcome to) but I thought the tighter moderation and focus here would be a benefit on this one. Also I figured by posting this here I would make it clear that I am serious about working with others to address this.

I was informed that the group in Madrid would be joining us on every Eleventh and of course I was totally thrilled to hear that. Actions had already been taking place regularly in two other locations in Spain, but the Madrid group is the most established group there. This great news was immediately followed by a link to one of their outreach flyers: http://bp0.blogger.com/_lUrMItV60fM/RwachItsDDI/AA...

Need I say more?

The campaign for Action on Every Eleventh is completely autonomous and non-hierarchical. I have no intention of telling people what to do or not to do. However, faced with the severity of our little disinfo problem I feel strongly that the only responsible thing to do is provide some kind of guidelines.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. Victronix

Hi Cosmos and thanks for all your work!

I've been somewhat sidetracked lately because I'm also in the Green Party and it looks like Cynthia McKinney may move to CA and run for president with the Greens, so we had several fundraising events for her this weekend, lots of radio coverage, and she is with Cindy Sheehan at a beach impeach event this morning as the final one. Cynthia has not yet announced it to the media, however.

Most of the new people in the movement don't have a lot of awareness of how key she was in exposing a lot of 9/11 questions early on, her support for the families and her willingness to confront people like Rumsfeld in public on the issue of the wargames.

She is an amazing person. I recommend the GNN film "American Blackout" also, which covers her campaigns and election fraud

http://www.americanblackout.com/

She has a very strong understanding of the sickness of mis and disinformation from the constant attacks on her as a politician.

Anyway, glad to see more and more organizing happening here, more coming on board, etc.

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. truthmod
    Administrator

http://bp0.blogger.com/_lUrMItV60fM/RwachItsDDI/AA...

No plane at the Pentagon, Dave von Kleist, Ripple Effect, etc. Yeah, there's some problems here.

The campaign for Action on Every Eleventh is completely autonomous and non-hierarchical. I have no intention of telling people what to do or not to do. However, faced with the severity of our little disinfo problem I feel strongly that the only responsible thing to do is provide some kind of guidelines.

Yes, it makes sense to say anyone can participate in these actions, and that you are not seeking to control or censor people, but that the Official campaign can still offer a set of guidelines or a list of that which is or is not endorsed.

BTW cosmos, I think it could be really powerful for you and the 11th of the Month Campaign to endorse a declaration/guidelines concerning disinformation, speculation, bad evidence, etc., because many people who are more action-oriented or perhaps haven't been in the movement so long really respect what you're doing. There's no question that you're all for getting the truth out there, so maybe some of these people will respect your opinion enough to look into the details a little more for themselves.

Anyone like Tarpley who tries to discredit you at this point is probably just discrediting themselves.

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. Danse

Hey everyone,

I hope you’re all well. I was not aware of this place until Jon Gold posted a link from blogger during the KB fiasco.

I’m heartened to see the progressive spirit alive and well here amongst 911 truthers. For too long the movement has been dominated by a far-right wing ethos reminiscent of the John Birch society. Hopefully this will change over time. I have never shied away from expressing my beliefs on controversial environmental issues or “libertarian” capitalism, for example, even though these beliefs are completely at odds with the standard Alex Jonesian talking points. As a Canadian I also find the Americo-centrism and “founding father” idolatry disturbing. We should always remember that fascism was a popular movement, and yes it can happen “here”.

Interestingly, my posts on blogger always seem to garner high vote tallies. This leads me to believe that there are significantly more “progressive” types in the movement than we often assume. I think many people are reluctant to speak their minds for fear of going against the party line as laid out by Jones, Tarpley, Paul etc. This is unhealthy and a sign of group think.

It was to be expected in the aftermath of 911 that “liberals” would swear allegiance to the official story . Less predictable was the reaction of Chomsky, Churchill, Goodman etc., as well as progressive sites like Counterpunch and Infoshop. The only reason our movement is dominated by right wing ideologues is because prominent left-radical voices and media outlets refused to step up to the plate and do the right thing.

Perhaps it was all for the best. The cross-pollinating going on between people from all manner of political ideologies may prove to be something of a saving grace in the long run. But the answer is not to hide one’s beliefs. We have to be honest and that means being critical, especially of those who represent us to the media.

Anyway, the point is that I’m glad a place like this exists and I appreciate the work you’re doing.

I’m also glad that you have expressed support for the 11th Day campaign. As Cosmos explained, there is no head honcho at truthaction. It’s completely decentralized. The only object is non-violent grass roots activism on a massive scale. I’m assuming this is why the site is perceived as a threat to the “leaders” in our movement. That and it’s taking a hard line against disinformation. To that end I agree that guidelines may be in order.

Jon Gold wrote:

Tell Danse he made a good movie.

Thanks Jon, appreciate it. I know we differ on certain issues but I respect the work you do.

If anyone else wants to see my new flick head on over to

http://911blogger.com/node/11856

...and add your comments. Thanks!

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.