Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Rumors Of Dual Citizenship (21 posts)

1. JonGold

Some of you may have heard that several of the Neocons within the Bush Administration have dual citizenship between the U.S. and Israel.

Does anyone have any legitimate sourcing for this?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. NicholasLevis

Never seen a sourced claim, but it's not at all unlikely. Without sourcing, it is worthless and the mentality of those who promote it is obvious. Nevertheless, some neocons do seem to have Israel as their only concern. Conundrum.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. JonGold

Absolutely do some of the members of the Bush Administration have loyalties to Israel. People from Harvard did a study on it for crying out loud... however, I see this claim of dual citizenships promoted often, yet never sourced. I have even spent some time looking for sources, and never, have I stumbled across one. This seems like blatant disinformation to me.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. JonGold

Someone displayed a list of 14 candidates that supposedly have dual citizenships.

http://www.911blogger.com/node/11829

I asked them for their sources. I doubt I'll be given any. Funny thing is... their post got 17 votes.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. Victronix

The only person I've known personally who has focused on this issue was openly anti-semitic. Our issue should never be with whether someone has dual citizenship or is having an affair with an intern anyway, but what they are doing in their decisions as an elected official. It would be good to expose it if it's false, but I've never looked into it.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. JonGold

You mean to tell me with all the hoo-ha about dual citizenships, not one person that frequents 911blogger.com can provide one reliable source? The question is just sitting there.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. christs4sale
    Administrator

The best article I have read on this is called "The Israel Lobby: Elite Factionalism or Elite Conspiracy Theory?" by Will Banyan. It appeared in Paranoia magazine in the spring issue. The magazine does not always have the greatest articles, but some are excellent as this one is. Unfortunately, the article is not online.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. JonGold

This magazine?

http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. christs4sale
    Administrator

Yes. You can see a very brief overview of it in the Ron Paul Birch Society thread.

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. imgstacke

Jon: Looked into this claim myself last year while in the st911.org forums (before the split) and couldn't find anything. But upon looking I did find something interesting about the immigration policy of Israel that could loosely by used to conflate this, The Law of Return. Basically anyone claiming to be jewish has to set foot in Israel and they can be granted citizenship if they seek it. Other then that I can't find anything at all showing dual citizenship for members of the Bush Administration. How would one verify citizenship that is not public information? I don't know, and I doubt this information would be easily obtained anyway, so again it seems like straight up disinformation.

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. JonGold

If Jews have the ability to be citizens just by standing on Israeli soil, then it pretty much is a moot point. I have a dual citizenship then. I must have had something to do with 9/11.

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. casseia

I thought it might be something like that, too, but it's not that simple. There is an application process and it is possible to be refused. You would know if you were an Israeli citizen.

Posted 16 years ago #
  13. NicholasLevis

Okay, you would know if you were a citizen, which we shall define properly as possessing this legal status in both countries - i.e., having two passports.

I believe we can agree any claims that x or y is a dual citizen are disingenuous if they proceed only from the fact (or sometimes the mere assertion) that x or y is Jewish and therefore a potential Israeli citizen under Israeli law. Disingenuous and probably racist.

Beyond that, what evidentiary basis is there for claims that certain people are duel citizens? Where is their own statement saying so? The dual citizens I've known have had had no problem about saying it. Where at least is there a news report on any given person advancing this claim?

That is, independently of what if anything the further implications of such a status might be.

Posted 16 years ago #
  14. casseia

I'm not sure that there is any proof for these assertions and they may very well rest on this mistaken notion that all Jews can be Israeli citizens just by wishing, or stepping off the airplane in Tel Aviv, or what have you. On the other hand, as far as I know there is no prohibition against dual citizens taking all sorts of roles in US government. To me, that implies a kind of fractured loyalty that could be a problem.

But the baseless assertion is disingenuous certainly, probably often compounded with kinda stupid.

Posted 16 years ago #
  15. NicholasLevis

probaly often compounded with kinda stupid and also kinda pre-disposed to lap up the Jew hate.

Posted 16 years ago #
  16. casseia

That's one brand of kinda stupid, I agree. Making the assertion without the hard data to back it up may be motivated by Jew hatred -- being curious about dual citizens in this context certainly does not have to be.

Posted 16 years ago #
  17. duaned109

Concerning US-Israel dual citizenship, thousands of American Jews have served in the Israeli military and they have dual citizenship. Among many other astounding discoveries, I’ve learned from CNN news reports that lots of Jewish American citizens also have Israeli passports, and voluntarily serve in the Israeli military instead of the US military, and go to Israel for at least one month each year to serve in reserve units. Some of those guys have been interviewed on CNN and are portrayed as being loyal and courageous for voluntarily defending ‘their homeland’ and ‘their people’. Clearly the impression made is that the US and Israel are one in the same in the eyes of the Clan. Strangely, it appears that many US citizens applaud those 'Israeli-Americans' without realizing the true meaning and implications of American citizens being allowed, even admired, for pledging their allegiance to a foreign country!

Ther are a number of articles on Zionist websites that discuss the IDF soldiers from the US. Here is one example: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1186066...

Posted 16 years ago #
  18. duaned109

This article provides information about the citizenship of Michael Chertoff, the head of the Department of Homeland Security.

http://www.ziopedia.org/articles/neocons%10neolibs...the_man&_his_star-crossed_past/

Posted 16 years ago #
  19. NicholasLevis

duaned109 steps up to illustrate what I suspected...

That link doesn't work and I can't find it on the ziopedia.org hate site. But there's plenty of other stuff there that tells you immediately what the site is all about and anyone who can't see it, sorry.

Posted 16 years ago #
  20. truthmover
    Administrator

I find this all very interesting. In fact this is a very TruthMove thread in some ways. Trying to find out if there is any substantiating evidence to support the claim advanced by another.

I was raised to believe that under the Law of Return that I could acquire Israeli citizenship. My mother's family name was made pretty scarce after the Holocaust. Of course they never told me as a child that this might involve serving in their army.

Are we near a conclusion? Maybe, no, we don't have enough evidence to suggest to prominent neo-cons have dual citizenship. And what if you could find one or two? Bleh...

Posted 16 years ago #
  21. JonGold

How hard would it be to paint members of the 9/11 Truth Movement as Al-Qaeda, or Al-Qaeda sympathizers with all the rampant anti-Zionism? All anyone would have to do is show a few quotes from Osama talking about Zionism, or Ahmadinejad, and then play the association game. Hmmmm...

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.