Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Bill Maher confronted again – but is this the right approach? (35 posts)

1. JonGold

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0205/24/lkl...

MAHER: Well, you know, I was raised Catholic, Larry.

KING: Catholic and Jewish, right?

MAHER: Well, I wasn't raised Jewish. My mother is Jewish. But I never even knew I was half-Jewish until I was a teen-ager. I was just so frightened about the Catholics and everything that was going on there in the church -- and I was never, you know, molested or anything. And I'm a little insulted. I guess they never found me attractive. And that's really their loss.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. NicholasLevis

Jon: The source by me Sander cites is http://summeroftruth.org/atta.html

More here, in describing context of "Able Danger" http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20050830... And here: http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20060302...

Doesn't include more recent revelations about Alh&Alm as Saudi agents (which wouldn't mean Saudi should be the next target, by the way, as the "anti-LIHOP" fanatics suggest; it would mean first of all that the 9/11 story is a lie. Beyond that, contracters and patsies can be recruited from any country!)

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. DBLS
    Inactive

Look at this garbage;

Conspiracy Fanatics Invade Bill Maher

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/10/21/090305....

"The 9/11 fanatics are different. They seem to have come to the conclusion that no one is going to give their views an airing in the media. They probably see multiple levels of conspiracy, including a conspiracy to ignore them and their brilliant discoveries. What they don't seem to get is that being obnoxious doesn't make people respect them, it makes those they want to influence and the audience they want to reach take them even less seriously. If you have a controversial cause and behave like a whacko, then people conclude that your cause is silly even before they have a chance to consider the evidence. "Stupid is as stupid does" is the operating principle under which they seem to be eager to be judged.

As they marginalize themselves more and more with their ridiculous claims and increasingly outrageous behavior, I'm afraid we can expect to see more and more desperate and extreme attention-seeking behavior. That's the pattern of the kind of narcissistic mindset which drives conspiracy fanatics. It's even believable that in the ultimate irony, as they retreat into a world of paranoia and frustration, the 9/11 conspiracy fanatics might themselves turn to violent terrorism to get the attention they so desperately crave. It's easy to laugh at the conspiracists, but it's a grim truth that someone protesting Bill Maher this week might be the next Timothy MacVeigh or Ted Kasinski a few frustrated and ignored years down the road."

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. DBLS
    Inactive

I don't think we come off well at all in this and the media coverage is of no surprise to me in that context.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. JonGold

You're right.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. JonGold

Thanks Nick.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. DBLS
    Inactive

If most people disagree with me then fine, I totally understand why those guys did it and I sympathise with them, but I just don't think it makes 9/11 Truth look very good to be honest, that's all.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. The shame based critics of 9/11 truth need us to be "whacko" on their terms. And we do it.

If we learn to easily deal with the world out of whack, without being out of whack on our own, we change our part of the equation, and the sum parts will be different.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. DBLS
    Inactive

"If we learn to easily deal with the world out of whack, without being out of whack on our own, we change our part of the equation, and the sum parts will be different." - Exactly man.

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. NicholasLevis

SO I WATCHED IT...

And yes, it was lame. I've organized flops myself, in the past, so I won't attack the attempt.

In principle, I agree with actions to (non-violently) appropriate live television time in an effort to break the monopoly of media opinion on 9/11, albeit for a few seconds.

Such actions can be effective. This one was not:

1) Bad timing: They didn't choose the right moment (several mentions of Al-Qaeda came and went without triggering them). The least of their failings.

2) Incoherence: At the start, they yelled comments relating to the panelists (addressing Matthews). These were totally incomprehensible. Big mistake. This is not the right place for complete sentences, or for doing anything other than a tight script. The whole action in fact was almost entirely incomprehensible. (What is "Building 7"? Those are the only words that came through on TV, and this rather late in the action, and they mean nothing. You have to at least say "WTC.") It took Maher himself, after the incident, to actually explain what the protest was about. Otherwise no one watching who wasn't already a 9/11 head, or who didn't read the sign in the quarter-second it was flashed, would have understood anything.

3) Too slow and hesitant: In a crowd like Maher's - who are totally mob-like in their applauding his every comment - you don't want this to last very long. Serial outbursts were a mistake. These allowed Maher to harness his crowd.

4) In short, it didn't look like they rehearsed or planned very well. They came off like idiots, and Maher totally dominated.

In my opinion, the right way:

All of the protesters should have stood at once, immediately gathered together at the bottom of the audience area if possible, linked arms and chanted in unison the same thing over and over, something very simple. In keeping with their message, something like: "What about WTC 7? Bill Maher - Stop the 9/11 Cover-up!" They would have had about 30 seconds to make it coherent. They should have ignored anything Maher said and allowed it to wrap quickly (i.e., go out easily after 30 seconds), because extending it only gives him the advantage, and trying to yell as you are pushed out always make you look like a lunatic.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.