Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

The Internet and Johannes Gutenberg and 9/11 (1 post)

1. BrunoJTesch
    Blocked

Before I gave up on my paper about the thermal radiation represented by the intensity of the glowing molten metal flowing from WTC2, I had collected many sources on the related physics. One of them is a very good document on the physics of optical components. I just happened to take a look at it today. It has this to say about fiber optic transmission: "Currently, bit rates at 40 Gbps are used in a single fiber. With dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM), the aggregate bandwidth has exceeded one terabit per second. DWDM systems with 160 wavelengths have been announced, and 1000 wavelengths have been on the experimenter’s workbench for some time. What does this mean? A 40-wavelength DWDM system at 40 Gbps per wavelength has an aggregate bandwidth of 1.6 Tbps, a bandwidth that can transport in a single fiber the contents of about 45,000 volumes of an encyclopedia in 1 second."

Many years ago I read <u>A History of Modern Germany: The Reformation</u> By Hajo Holborn http://books.google.com/books?id=350Qosar-UcC&... . The central topic is the Reformation and the 30 Years War. One of the main catalysts facilitating these upheavals was the advent of the movable type printing press. In his book <u>PowerShift</u> http://www.amazon.com/Powershift-Knowledge-Wealth-... Alvin Toffler compares the emerging information technology with the introduction of the printing press, and suggests that we face the same kinds of social upheavals as were experienced in Germany during the Reformation. Anybody who knows what the 30 Years War was, knows that it is not the kind of thing to wish for. One might argue that it was beneficial in that it broke the absolute rule of a monolithic theocracy, but the price was certainly very high.

With that cheery observation out of the way, let's consider the optimistic view of what could happen with the new communications technology. It is exceedingly clear that the MSM cannot be relied upon to provide accurate, objective and complete coverage of relevant topics. At the same time, we have a new ability to share information and, above all, to interact with the media itself. This means we can be far more selective in what we chose as a source of information. It's clear that the thought police have already gained control over many valuable resources on the Internet. For example, a search on Google News for 9/11 stories will reveal an obvious bias against truth.

What are the advantages and hazards of the Internet WRT spreading 9/11 truth?

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.