Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Len Bracken on Judy Wood: Disinformation or Misinformation? (7 posts)

1. chrisc

I just came across a article about Judy Wood from Paranoid which is on Judy Wood's site as a PDF, the article is by Len Bracken and is titled Directed Energy Weapons and the World Trade Centre, this is part of the article:

as the various factions and personalities in the 911 truth movement jockey for the privilege of disclosing the truth -- or poisoning the well with disinformation -- Judy Wood emerges as an exceptional figure who, with her blend of science training and common sense, has arrived at a conclusion that is at once fantastical and convincing: directed energy weapons were necessarily deployed on Black Tuesday.

What I find odd is that Chuck0 wrote a good review of his book on Infoshop, "The Shadow Government: 9-11 and State Terror" and Nick's site recommends it as well -- what happened here?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Victronix

I'd heard infoshop was compromised long ago, along with ChuckO.

Yes, this was Fall of 2007, so no excuses for "not knowing."

Anyway, I don't know much about Len Braken but when I first saw his site my gut feeling is a red flag -- it seemed overly slick, he's located in DC, and what level of anarchism or political threat is really being reviewed in the Village Voice and the Washington Post?

"he is a graduate of George Washington University’s Elliot School of International Affairs. A student of foreign languages, Bracken studied Russian in Moscow" http://www.lenbracken.com/bio.html

He left several notes on wikipedia trying to get his book added onto the 9/11 pages -

"Would interested editors please note that Shadow Government: 9-11 and State Terror by Len Bracken was omitted from the "Origin" section of the article. It was published in September 2002 by Adventures Unlimited Press and was favorably reviewed by the Village Voice on the one-year anniversary. My reading for the book was covered by the Washington Post. In the book I present the state-terror thesis and the offensive-defensive theory of terrorism, describing 9/11 as an indiret defensive attack . . . It was widely distributed in the United States and has been reprinted. A Britian and a Canadian are mentioned for their strategic analysis; wouldn't it be appropriate to also cite an American who cast his argument in the purely strategic terms of offense and defense, direct and indirect attacks, and who was writing in Washington, DC where the risks were high. My place was searched and I received identical warnings from two government employees while writing the book. I've stayed with the movement by collaborating with 9/11CitizensWatch, covering the 9/11 Commission hearings for Paranoia Magazine and reviewing Hopsicker's Terrorland, among other things." http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:9/1...

The publisher of Adventures Unlimited Press, which has published some of Bracken's work, is David Hatcher Childress -

Childress founded Adventures Unlimited Press, publishing his own works as well as many other authors who present theories and evidence of ancient civilizations and little-known technologies. Along with historian and linguist Carl W. Hart, Childress founded the World Explorers Club (and its magazine, World Explorer), a group that often travels to the places Childress writes about. Childress is often seen on various television programs on Fox Network (Sightings and Encounters), Discovery Channel, A&E, The History Channel, and the like, as an expert consultant on subjects such as the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, and UFOs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hatcher_Childre...

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Arabesque

Judy Wood, Disinformation or Misinformation? Pick your poison.

Her ideas have been conclusively debunked to the point where it's a dead horse.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. Victronix

Yes, but Bracken writes:

"This journalist dined with Dr. Wood and other researchers following the September 2006 conference at Cooper Union in New York City, and found her to be a person who measures her words carefully, speaking with scientific accuracy. There is artistry in her use of analogy, comparing the towers, for example, to a tree; the tipping of the top of the WTC2 with a partially crushed aluminum can; or the cylindrical holes in the buildings, possibly created by a laser beam, with holes dug by a fence-post digger." http://twilightpines.com/images/directedenergyweap...

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. NicholasLevis

Len Bracken's 2002 book was pretty good and I knew him as an editor of an anthology of Situationist writings. It's not like I could predict his future foolish choices.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. chrisc

Arabesque wrote:

Judy Wood, Disinformation or Misinformation? Pick your poison.

Her ideas have been conclusively debunked to the point where it's a dead horse.

Sure, I know, but I was wondering if Len Bracken was aware of this... how could he not be?

NicholasLevis wrote:

Len Bracken's 2002 book was pretty good and I knew him as an editor of an anthology of Situationist writings. It's not like I could predict his future foolish choices.

Of course... perhaps the whole article is a parody and he is laughing all the way to the bank...? I mean who could seriously write things like this about Judy Wood:

...blend of science training and common sense...

...a person who measures her words carefully, speaking with scientific accuracy...

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. Arabesque

...blend of science training and common sense... ...a person who measures her words carefully, speaking with scientific accuracy...

Perhaps someone should contact this author to find out if he is aware of the critiques of her "scientific accuracy".

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.