Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

ground zero 9/11/06 was a victory for sure (3 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

ground zero 9/11/06 was a victory for sure

so far the local NYC and national news have not covered the massive, overpowering demonstrations at ground zero and the rousing march through downtown. we stopped in front of brown brothers, harriman, silverstein properties at 120 broadway, and city hall.

the energy was amazing. no media coverage is just going to piss us off and makes us come out harder next time....

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. truthmover
    Administrator

Making history at Ground Zero!

That was the largest rally for 9/11 truth yet. Before everyone gets all crazy with numbers, I want to state my estimate of attendees at about 800 - 1000. Maybe 400 - 500 went on the march. The energy was amazing. A big thanks to Frank Morales and the NY911truth, Loose Change, and Alex Jones crews, for making this work and successful. First of all, Dylan and Jason did a great job standing up to the establishment goons sent to debate them on Democracy Now! They took the upper hand in the debate. At Ground Zero Alex Jones kicked ass, Luke did a great job keeping our crowd informed, everyone kept their cool, and many of our minor celebrities were there to lend their credibility to our effort. I saw Barrie Zwicker and Willie Rodreguez, still in makeup from TV interviews, talking to movement folks, and the curious. Jenette waved from her window above.

At one point, carrying our sign around, and not being able to set down in one place, one of the monks conducting a prayer for peace, asked us to stand behind them. He specifically wanted the side that said "9/11 was an inside job." to face forward. The police had a hard time keeping all the people moving past us. We were very moved by the gesture, and felt honored to join their prayer.

Amid a number of high points, there were also some challenging moments. We got yelled at a lot, carrying the biggest sign. We took the sign down the hill, and set up along the memorial wall. For some reason, the police nearby did not ask us to move. As we stood there, many people had negative things to say. Other's engaged us in conversation. A couple of people gave their support. At one point someone stood on a step and proclaimed that we were awful people. A crowd gathered, and he launched into an attack on our character. We stood our ground and he moved on. A couple people told us that it was the wrong time for such things.

That's a hard call. While I sympathize with their loss, as I fight to determine who killed their loved ones, I also recognize that some issues need to cross all of the boundary lines. The fact that we are destroying our ecosystem, for example, should not be restricted by the boundaries of decorum. Nor should the possibility that we may killed by our government in some further false flag operation. In other words, I don't care if the truth scares you, when I see that you are unconsciously walking a suicidal path. We spank the child that runs into the street to remind them that death hurts a lot more. But, none the less, I'm not proud of having insulted anyone. I hope that they will someday soon understand why we are doing this.

While many in the movement have both professional and personal differences, the most compelling overall sense of the experience to me was one of our unity. When we are all out on the street together, all fighting for the same thing, especially in the eyes others, all subject to the same prejudice, a lot of our differences seem less important. Let's all hold on to a bit of that feeling as we go back to our various pursuits.

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. firsty

after 9/11, millions of americans visited ground zero to take pictures in front of the hole and to buy postcards of burning towers.

the site was ambushed by christian fundamentalists looking for converts and by grandmas and grandpas looking for good photo-ops.

most of the opposition to the truth movement would have you believe that their president (i mean, CEO) hasnt spun 9/11 for his own selfish gain for the past 5 years.

demanding that the truth be told is the best thing we can do for those who died on 9/11, for those who it touched, and for those with any kind of compassion.

good work guys! we had a smaller crew in DC but it all worked out great. see you next time.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.