Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Typical anti global warming email (31 posts)

1. NicholasLevis

You should learn more about this Pope, perhaps. The "Nazi scumfuck" rhetoric is not in keeping with "respect in discourse," but not without basis. I knew of him years before his ordination thanks to living in Germany, where he was very outspoken as an insufferable church hardliner - and apologist for the Nazi era. As an adult, dig?

For many years he was the agenda-setter behind JP2 and came up with the doctrinal declaration of 2000 that emphasized once again for the ages that Catholicism is the one and only Truth and everyone else is going to hell, no exceptions, zero tolerance.

Ratzinger headed an office in its own way as infamous as the Nazis, but with a far longer history: that of the Inquisition (now known under a much longer name, but it's the same, historically continuous institution). That's right, he's the successor to those who burned Bruno.

But getting back to the subject here: Remember when the Church issued an apology to Galileo?! When was that, in the 1980s or 1990s?

The Vatican has nothing to say about matters of science - or any aspect of reality, for that matter. It's not simply that its not composed of experts, non experts can also read and formulate opinions. But its history is of open and active hostility to science.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. funhouse1970
    Blocked

Truthmod should be banned for the disrespectful way he argues with his opponents. :P

Please add the term "manmade" to "Global Warming" when referring to skeptics.

Manmade Global Warming skeptics are not anti-environment. In fact we're are upset to see the environment movement get derailed in such an insidious way.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

Gotcha. I've never heard of anyone arguing with the thermometer that the globe is not warming.

However, there are plenty of "manmade" global warming skeptics who do not refer to their concern in this way. More than those who do in our experience.

We have been very clear about our agreement that industry does manipulate environmental concerns toward their own interest. But that has very little to do with the relatively unified scientific opinion of climate scientist around the world.

And so, let's put this another way. Manmade global warming skepticism is off topic on this forum and should be discussed elsewhere.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

I should be banned? Did you see my last response to you on this thread:

http://www.truthmove.org/forum/topic/361/page/2?re...

I was very respectful and tried to find a spirit of compromise. You didn't respect that, you just chose to attack JohnA and me.

It's clear that you're not interested in respectful discussion. Goodbye.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. JohnA

duplicate post

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. JohnA

FunHouse:

i apologize for the sarcasm. i think that's what triggered your response.

but i disagree that this is a debatable topic. the sun is driving climate change? sorry - but that's a HIGHLY suspect position to be fronting here - and in my opinion it makes your posts highly suspect - because it is simply so out of step with reality and the scientific facts.

additionally - you appeared to be baiting the topic by accusing me of not acknowledging a "guardian class." i do. i simply object to your USAGE of the term. as if all of our concerns about CO2 emissions is somehow benefiting the every same elitists who are guilty of plundering our resources and fouling our atmosphere. as if all of the scientific research from scientists around the world is an illuminati plot.

puh-leeze. go sell crazy elsewhere.

not only is this 'theory' counter-intuitive - it is quite frankly rubbish - and smacks of intentional disruption. it smacks of intentional tin-foil-hat-ism. it smacks of the same sort of intentional insertion of pods and flashes and smoke and mirrors into the 911 truth movement that continues to this day.

You talk about civil debate. That’s nice. Unfortunately, not every topic is open to debate when the overwhelming evidence favors the TRUTH. Intelligent design? It’s a flat world? UFOs? Holocaust denial? Massive amounts of CO2 does not affect the environment?

Rubbish

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.