Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

So...how do you explain... (5 posts)

1. burfnuggle

So...how do you explain...

The video of Osama Bin Laden meeting with 911 hijackers? Or is Osama Bin Laden really a figment of the CIA's imagination? I guess it was all Photoshopped.

I mean, I can understand that you don't agree with the path we've taken. I don't really agree with it. I can understand you hate George Bush with a burning passion. I don't really care much for him.

But, your evidence is flimsy. It looks solid to you, but you're coo-coo. You are blinded by it and you don't help the situation much with babbling gibberish. That's why even CBS won't give you any coverage or the time of day. You're too flipped for them. You're just gibbering flaps of gums in the wind saying nothing of any use.

Why not put your energies into working with politicians, local groups, forming local groups...forming national groups to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Work to change our international policies instead of flapping off with such nonsense.

You may think it's cool to get out there and protest and "raise awareness"...but guess what. I can tell you with 100% confidence that you're not going to effect a damn thing and we'll be no better off for your efforts.

Put your efforts to good use. Or go get a real job.

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. truthmover
    Administrator

Almost true...

You had me up until 'get a real job'. That's a meaningless insult. Did you know that this movement has the support of many victims of 9/11. It also has the support of many doctors, lawyers, politicians, and scholars, many of whom likely have more education and higher pay than you. 95% of the activists at GZ were taking a day off work to protest.

I assume that you are writing this because someone handed you a flyer at GZ, or you saw our sign. But unfortunately it appears that you didn't look at the site. Bacuase if you had, you would have noticed that 9/11 is only one subject that we cover among many others. Your message had a highly anti-intellectual tone, as you are assuming that the 9/11 truth movement is filled with people who are not educated. I'll be the first to admit that this group has its nutty participants. We try to help them stay focused and prevent them from setting the agenda. Unfortunately you seem to be assuming that anyone who would question the governments story must be nuts. This is demonstrably not the case.

I've personally read a many books, done years of research, and am as much of a critic of the movement as I am a participant. But you telling me about 9/11 is a bit similar to you telling a mechanic how o fix a car. Have you taken the time to realize that the movement is not unified around one set of facts or even thoeries. Many people approach this in differrnt ways. Admittedly, some are more reputable than others, and we have our infiltrators, intentionally promoting the least valid hypotheses.

Before simply attacking more of us by demonstating that you know nothing of what we promote, you might have a bit of wild curiosity and read a book. I recommend "The New Pearl Harbor", by David Ray Griffin. It on our flyer. Its an easy read from a retired theologian. People geneally have a hard time calling him nuts.

Unfortunatly, I do not exect a response, as these type of attacks are rarely about starting a dialogue. Good luck to you.

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. burfnuggle

I'm back.

I admit it...I'm judging. And I'm no intellectual. I'm betting most of the people at that event have had more schooling than I.

But I admit it. I'm judging by the people I saw at the demonstration. I'm confident I'm more accurate than I am wrong about those in attendance.

I saw your URL on a couple posters. That's how I came to be here.

You are correct in the assumption that I did not look at a bulk of your site. I read a couple posts about the 'success' of the demonstration and made assumptions of my own that may be inaccurate.

Go for it. There's a lot of truth that's not being told. Unfortunately, you're not going to get any of it from ANY politician. Be it Georgieboy...Slick...or even Sweet Jimmy.

We get fed a lot of shit that people swallow. From swift boats to forged memos....they're all lies. NBC will put charges on a gas tank if it doesn't blow up for them right. The AP will circulate known staged photos. We're led to believe that steroids will shrink your nads and make you mad. Not true...if you're a healthy male. But you don't hear that do you?

You want to stop the dissemination of dishonest information distribution...start with the newspapers, radio and TV.

I'd just recommend that you pay attention to the battles because if you keep coming off like you do at the demonstration the other day....you fall right in with the nutsos who protest at the G8 events. Why they're protesting...I have yet to figure out...but there ya go. If you don't pay attention to how you're fighting those battles, you're going to lose the war for sure.

And believe me...I want the truth as much as anyone. When there are salient truths to be told.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

The wonders of dialogue...

I can understand why you would be critical of the approach that the protest took at Ground Zero. Social Actions is an inexact science practiced by people who may not be very good scientists. How would you get out the truth? Its a really challenging question to answer, and more challenging to actually do.

The 9/11 truth movement has established PROBABLE CAUSE to SUSPECT that undetermined members of our government, military, and intelligence services were COMPLICIT in the attacks. You need to pay close attention to what this is and is not saying. Now not everyone in the movement has such an exact position. Many or quite confused about the nature of evidence, and the function of our judicial system. Others have a hard time with the difference between hypothesis and theory. But we all want the same thing. We all want to know who was responsible for the attacks. And one of most basic premises is the obsurdity of the official story. Setting aside all the physical evidence, just for the moment, the above statement holds, grounded in mainstream references.

"The Terror Timeline", by Paul Thompson is a good reference for the majority of facts that found our suspicions. And "The New Pearl Harbor" by David Ray Griffin is reputable and an easy read. Why not just take a look. Our site summarizes what we consider to be the most compelling areas of 9/11 research. Even if you think its all crazy, I guarantee its interesting.

Thanks for stopping in.

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. truthmod
    Administrator

one reason

they might be protesting is that the consumer industrial economic system is unsustainable and even possibly suicidal. look what we are doing to our planet:

http://www.truthmove.org/content/environment/

thank you for returning with a respectful and reasonable attitude but we likely have some very fundamental disagreements. we are always open to rational conversation though..

you sure are right about the media. that's why we're here..

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.