Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

The "elites," "engineering," and the environment (3 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

I'd like to ask people their thoughts on the supposed "planning" or "engineering" of our current economic/environmental situation. I know some think that environmental crises and resource shortages are "hoaxes," but I'd like to go beyond that ignorant and simplistic analysis.

• is mass extinction "engineered?"
    • is global warming "engineered?"
    • is the toxification of our air and water "engineered?"
    • are peak oil or resource shortages "engineered?"

Why and in what way?

It may be true that peak oil is engineered, in that the technology has existed for quite a long time that could have saved us from the dependency on fossil fuels. Certain people made the conscious decisions to continue down this path. The only question is what their motives were/are.

Do the "elites" who are in charge of perpetuating this system, consciously understand what they are doing? Are they doing it for a reason? Are they insane or deluded?

I would say that the elites are obsessed and addicted to power and control and they have deluded even themselves. They may be good at staying in power for a period of time, but that doesn't mean they aren't insane enough to perpetuate a globally suicidal system. Some may think the messiah is coming, others that technology will always save us or that as the "privileged," they will always be ok.

On top of all this, I don't think there is such a simple distinction between "us" and the elites. There are gradations and we're all part of the system together. Many of us fall into the same ego/power motives, only on smaller scales. In fact, that's what makes it a cohesive system.

In many ways, I do believe that people get the government they deserve. That's not meant in a cynical way but, hopefully in an empowering way.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. chrisc

Insane, deluded and evil.

How else can the decision to engineer 9/11 to justify imperial genocide and resource plunder in the face of a imminent peak oil crisis be described?

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

Yes, if the word "evil" was ever appropriate, it is for them, and the prevailing culture/system. It is "against life."

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.