Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

William Pepper 9/11 Independent Citizens Commission (DOA?) - NYCCAN (157 posts)

1. someguy

So ya know, I wasn't around in 2008. I became involved in 2009. I want to say I never met Les Jamieson. Unfortunately, that would be a lie. I did. Ted wanted me to help out with preparing the petition books so one Sunday afternoon I was sent over to his house to help out with numbering the petition books. He lives in a Brooklyn Brownstone and the place was a mess.

He's old, he's slow, if something takes a normal person a minute to do, it will take him ten minutes. He has really big ears. He's Left wing fringe dude, probably green, thus explaining his silly associations like Carl Person and all the other idiots that he associates with. And worst of all, he entertains every stupid idiotic theory in relation to 9/11 that comes down the pike and spreads it like its gospel.

Personally, I think the whole thing is cute. Its so idealistic and lovely and people should appreciate his idealism and love for anything and everything 9/11 "truth." Unfortunately though, we work in the real world and in the real world, when people hear about hologram planes hitting the towers they spontaneously hit the floor and the sound of something that sounds very clearly like giggles comes out of practically no where. That, in my opinion, is the problem with Les, he's too idealistic. He's too. . . i dunno. . . stupid.

Later that week I was there when they delivered the petitions to the city clerk and I went to the Cindy Sheehan thing that week. and when the court date happened in front of Judge Lehrer, I was there too, but had to leave early because it was the same day as a runoff election in nyc and I was working as a canvasser for one of the candidates. That would mark the four times I saw Les. To put it another way, he had little if anything to do with the petition effort in 2009 aside from slowly bumbling his way through scanning some of the petitions.

On whether Les "Set this up to fail" I have a hard time buying it. I honestly, wholeheartedly think that in Les's mind, he truly felt this would be a success. But based on a conversation I had with someone, Les also thought volunteers would come out of the woodwork after hearing the truth as broadcast by every 9/11 theorists under the sun and soon thousands upon thousands, and later millions, would be signing this thing and soon it would become, what, like 80,000,000 to one. Or whatever crap he was saying. To put it another way, Les couldn't set this up to fail because he was too stupid to set this thing up.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. someguy

Just a quick addendum, though I'm sure all of you are smart enough to figure this out. When I'm referring to stupid idiotic theories, I'm not referring to all the theories that are out there. Just saying Les Jamieson seemingly endorses anything he hears even if most people would consider it stupid.

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. christs4sale
    Administrator

Ted probably was requested by Kevin Barrett and figured it'd be rude not to accept him.

You are assuming this. I fully realize that it is common practice to accept friends indiscriminately on Facebook, however, most people have very personal information on their Facebook pages. Something I would not be so casual in sharing especially with people like Barrett. I think that this is a proper response if this happens:

http://coljennysparks.blogspot.com/2009/09/kevin-b...

On Cynthia McKinney, its highly probable she isn't even managing her friends or fans of part on her site. It very well could be some handler who thought it'd be cool to add AFP and Michael Collins Piper.

Someone does manage her profile for her (I just looked into it), but she herself was on Daryl Bradford Smith's radio show. See here:

http://www.truthmove.org/forum/topic/1559?replies=...

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

Doesn't sound like you know Les that well. We're way past the incompetence there over here.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Victronix

And worst of all, he entertains every stupid idiotic theory in relation to 9/11 that comes down the pike and spreads it like its gospel.

Lots of this lately. Spend any time at all around people who are popular and public and sane in the movement (not talking about Les here, but others) and you will be immersed in a sea of seemingly intelligent, employed and socially functional people who have latched onto the popular and sane person, who are, at every opportunity, busy arguing details of TV fakery and other complete nonsense on emails or in person with other activists, and want you to as well, even as they say they want to put forth the most credible positions in public, and do. Why?

Maybe one reason is this, posted by Erik Larson: http://truthaction.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2717&...

And this is a very interesting 'Freudian slip' comment at 911Blogger.com by user orAntilogic last year, on the controversy caused by Jason Robo posting a “9/11 was an inside job” sticker on a plane. Whether it was a 'slip', intentional, or he simply misspoke, it does seem likely some 'real' people have disassociated cuz of all the BS that's been associated with '9/11 Truth':

“This sort of thing... http://www.911blogger.com/node/16888#comment-19365... “Is why I'm an EX-Truther. One of the most effective tactics we've found against various ideologically motivated groups around the world is to convince them they're associated with hair-brained nut-jobs. Convince people that their movement lacks credibility and they'll find better things to do (if they can).”

Indeed, being surrounded by people you thought were sane, who, when you get to know them, start wanting to discuss how the planes weren't real at the WTC, how the impact holes were made with explosives, etc., will push average sane people out, because no one really wants to hang out with people who are nuts if they aren't related to them or being paid to hang out with them.

Whether they're paid to pretend to be nuts, or are just being themselves (9/11 is a magnet for people who can see through the lies, realize the extend of the lies, but then keep going and never return to any semblance of reality), the outcome is the same and needs to be worked against . . . somehow.

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. Victronix

I have a hard time buying it. I honestly, wholeheartedly think that in Les's mind, he truly felt this would be a success.

What Les thinks or really feels isn't relevant. Why he does what he does is not relevant. What he -- or anyone else -- does, is relevant.

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. Victronix

Charges of Sabotage Plague NY 9-11 Ballot Initiative

An unfortunate side-show to read about . . .

Posted 14 years ago #

You must log in to post.