Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Progressive Media of America Needs to Stop Playing the Fool (8 posts)

1. The name of the conference I attended was "Publicizing Truths With Consequence" (http://truthemergency.us/)€, and Adbusters was an "Endorsing Partner". What Adbusters needs to realize, along with the rest of the alternative media, and realize soon, is that some truth has far more consequence than others. The Honorable Cynthia McKinney, who spoke the conference, has acted on this understanding by publicly exposing the lies about 9/11/01 and the past two presidential elections, the two deceptions that have been the life-blood and eternal "€œjustification" for the agenda of Bush/Cheney regime. If all we talk about are the crimes that use the official 9/11 story as their basis (like the killing of approximately a million people in Iraq and Afghanistan, the torture, the detentions, the removal of our Constitutional Rights, ignoring global warming, etc.) without exposing the truth about 9/11, we are partaking in a futile exercise, as the past years have clearly shown. There is so much high quality evidence that disproves the official conspiracy theory, while there is practically none of any validity supporting it, that one has to be a fool to still believe Bush, Inc. and their controlled 9/11 Commission. David Ray Griffin was at this conference, did you listen to what he had to say? Have you read his books? Have you seen the documentary "9/11 Press For Truth"€, or looked at the research of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth? Or are you still playing the fool for this fascist treasonous mass-murdering administration? Do you really think Bush/Cheney legitimately won the past two elections? If so, why? Based on what, the word of the electronic voting machines and Kenneth Blackwell? Have you even looked at the evidence presented in the documentaries "Hacking Democracy" and "€œInvisible Ballots" or in the books "€œFooled Again"€ by Mark Crispin Miller, "€œWhat Went Wrong In Ohio: Congressman John Conyers Report on the 2004 Presidential Election"€ edited by Anita Miller, "Was the 2004 Presidential Election Stolen?"€ by Steven Freeman & Joel Bleifuss and "How the GOP stole America's 2004 election and is rigging 2008", by Bob Fitrakis and Harvey Wasserman ? Or do you just avoid it all because it's "€œconspiracy theory"€? What major crime in history has not been a conspiracy? Do you even know what that word means? I've been extremely frustrated over the past years hearing about the endless list of crimes of this administration, while there is zero accountability, no impeachment, because the anti-war/fascism/poverty/pollution, etc. movements don't see the obvious truth that the absurd official 9/11 story is Bush, Inc.'s eternal get out of jail free card. Talk about beating around the Bush!

The retarded liberal/radical/independent media has been complimentary to the corporate media propaganda rather than an opposing force, by ignoring the most crucial issues: 9/11 Truth and Election Truth. Instead we have them just chronicling the destruction and oppression, which just produces desensitization and normalization, when the information is without the corresponding solutions like the massive nation-wide Impeachment and 9/11 Truth movements, or the Election Reform Movement.

There is only one way to bring this Goliath down, and that is through exposing the lies about 9/11/01 and the elections. The entire anti-bush movement needs to focus on re-opening the 9/11 investigation coupled with starting impeachment proceedings and replacing all electronic voting machines with paper ballots; all other issues of importance will not be addressed as they should be until we expose these deceptions and get accountability.

Wake the hell up people and do what has to be done! Thank you.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

Thanks for the letter, and welcome to the forum!

I haven't followed Adbusters that closely, besides flipping through it every once in a while in a bookstore. Have they completely ignored 9/11 truth?

http://adbusters.org/home/

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

Welcome!

I applaud your effort, and the points you make are all very important ones. How can these people talk about corruption and injustice without looking at the biggest examples right under their noses? Maybe they are using their noses to cover each others asses. ;p

A couple of recommendations in the spirit of growth.

I was going to make the point that you might have been more diplomatic in your tone in order to get these people to consider you reasonable and encourage them to look at your recommended references. But then I went to the Adbusters website and found the following quote.

"We want folks to get mad about corporate disinformation, injustices in the global economy, and any industry that pollutes our physical or mental commons."

So you got mad! :) They should expect no less. However, and I'm not just trying to nitpick but really trying to be helpful, you should aways use more paragraph breaks than you think you need to. I know it can be annoying to consider that when you are all fired up about something, but I've had to learn the hard way that form can be very important in getting people to actually pay attention to what you are saying. I don't really think it should matter. But it does. Truthmod here has been at me about that for a while now.

But as far as your rhetoric, no, I don't think they really respect the definition of "conspiracy" and yes, they are literally retarded in the sense that they have intentionally limited the scope of their thinking. I might have jumped on those statements as being a bit brash, but I think you are correct in both cases. And once again they wanted you to be mad.

I also, in case you didn't, recommend doing a Google search or two to back up your claims. I found the following under "abusters + 9/11".

http://lonelantern.org/site/index.php?option=com_c...

Interestingly, while that link might have stopped you in your tracks, in this case it shouldn't have. Doing a bit of digging I couldn't find a copy or even a mention of the article anywhere online which I think very suspicious as someone in the movement would have been likely to have archived the article, and I don't trust Lone Lantern one iota. They don't, for instance, mention the name of the article. I could only confirm that Michael Hey is the secretary of the Vancouver 9/11 Truth Society and has written for Adbusters. Strange!

Anyway, that's it for the recommendations. Don't mean to piss you off more. :) Glad you were able to attend that conference, and also that you pointed out to Adbusters the hypocrisy of their position. Keep it up.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. Disinclination to look at the 9/11 deceptions are stronger than the 9/11 deceptions. Why are so many people disinclined, what would it take for people to open up? What are they defending themselves from?

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. chrisc

Disinclination to look at the 9/11 deceptions are stronger than the 9/11 deceptions. Why are so many people disinclined

I think people are worried that if they look into it they will realise that the official story doesn't hold together and since this would totally undermine the MSM world view, which is always going on about the post-911 world, it would force them to reconstruct their understanding of the world and this isn't an easy or comfortable thing to do.

In this the no-planes, Judy Wood style madness plays a key role -- it allows people to easily dismiss all those questioning the official story as loons, this of course is the point of it.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. it would force them to reconstruct their understanding of the world and this isn't an easy or comfortable thing to do.

How do we as activists deal with easy and comfortable. I think what you bring up with Judy Wood points out our need for simplicity. I know this is me saying this, but...

It seems curious doubters try to ask questions in which a overly convoluted answer would result. Simple and calm often surprises them.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. NicholasLevis

Disinclination:

They have invested too much in analysis based on the usual sociological categories, in the conceit that they actually know everything that matters, that nothing essential is hidden in deep political and parapolitical caves.

Blowhards are rewarded - in direct proportion to which they are blowhards on behalf of status quo truths. Admissions of ignorance are punished and lead to insignificance.

A lot of wackos and a package of wrong or irrelevant ideas are associated with 9/11 conspiracy theory. You bring it up, you will be too, regardless of what you say or how you say it. Life is unfair.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. truthmover
    Administrator

Found it!

My girlfriend just happened to have one copy of Adbusters and it was the issue in question. And in this episode there is a sidebar with a small presentation of some 9/11 truth evidence. It mentions WTC7, the air defense failures, academics and engineers supporting the movement, and PNAC. It ends with a nod to 911truth.org. And it was written as suggested above by Michael Hey.

So Adbusters allowed 911 truth into their magazine once. But I'm not exactly cheering.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.