Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Message from Steve (The Shell Game) Alten - Critique (4 posts)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

Many in the movement, including TruthMove, received the following message today.

"To the 9/11 Truth Movement:: A VITAL PLEA from Steve Alten, author of The SHELL GAME" http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20080215...

I will quote some of the more notable passages. Each contains something that made me question his knowledge, sincerity, or judgment.

A few days ago, Michael Chertoff, head of Homeland Security, essentially told reporters that he fears the next 9/11, which could be a suitcase nuke. Yesterday, in threatening to veto a waterboarding ban, Bush said, and I quote, "terrorists are planning new attacks on our country... that will make Sept. 11 pale by comparison."

If this plot isn't straight out of The SHELL GAME then you haven't read the book.

(Weak correlation. This is government behavior repeated throughout the Bush Administration. Alten could have said the same thing five years ago or six months ago.)

I realize all of you have very important 9/11 projects you are working on, books and rallies, etc, but if we learned anything from 9/11 then maybe it is time to focus on the next false flag operation. By doing so, we might actually be able to reach the mass media AND bring attention to the lies behind the last event.

(Naive statement. Focus on a future false flag operation has not benefited the movement, does not appear to appeal to mainstream culture, and most recently created a big internal scandal.)

Guys, in the last 11 years I have published eight books, hit every best seller list, optioned a book as a movie (twice), sold two scripts, and have two more books set for publication in 2009. To be honest, I knew little about the 9/11 Truth Movement until sometime around October/November when The SHELL GAME went to print.

(Not believable. He was obviously risking his career by writing the book. And the movement would be one of his primary receptive demographic groups in addition to being his most significant means of support in promoting the book.)

And suddenly The SHELL GAME took on a new meaning for me. Because I knew it could break through a barrier that has held your movement back. Because the book is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I also knew from insider sources that the fiction could become true.

(False certainty and unverifiable assertion. He's only known about the movement for a couple of months but he's diagnosing its long term problems? And how in the world do you make a statement like that last sentence so casually? We don't know who his sources are and we don't know what they told him.)

The SHELL GAME's plot is happening as we speak. If you get behind the book, you can bring another group of arrogant, guilty people to justice before they do more harm!

(False certainty and false promises. He is claiming that the false flag operation is being orchestrated and then that promoting his book might stop it.)

I was paid $20,000 for The SHELL GAME. Five grand went to the cover designer, Erik Hollander. $3500 to my agent. The rest I spent on two 90 second book trailers and postage on all the books we sent to the movement. This isn’t about money. Oh wait… it is:

Two nights ago I received a painful call from my manager. Three different producers/investors we are pitching for one of my movies called her. After reading about my views on 9/11 on a blog they demanded to know “is Alten a nutjob or is he promoting the book? Because we have no interest in financing a movie for a nutjob.”

My manager did her best to soothe them, then called me and verbally cut off my testicles. This movie deal would pay me a million dollars (and I desperately need the deal) and here I am risking it all…my career, my deal with her as a producer...all to reach the masses on Shell Game so that America can hear the truth about 9/11 and maybe, just maybe...stop another false flag event from killing off a million Americans.

(Not logical. Does he mean to imply that he gets no residuals from book sales? That would not be the kind of deal a best-selling author would accept. And he already would be getting a pretty hefty check for hitting #31 on the best-seller list with such a small advance. Also, he and his manager would have known from the outset that writing this book might cost him those movie deals.)

Why would YOU want to push the book?

1. The book’s success will allow you to increase your followers tenfold.

(False claim. Total exaggeration. Who does he think he is fooling?)

Am I just being paranoid? Hopefully. But this is an OP ED everyone in the movement should be sending out to every channel available because it does two things: 1) It gives the 9/11 movement fresh publicity that is TOPICAL!! 2) If there really is another false flag operation being planned, it exposes the con NOW. It's the equivalent of posting ads and OP EDs in August 2001 about a false flag operation that will take down the WTC. If it's out there before the event...then it gives a future investigation seeds upon which to grow. It is the ounce of prevention!

(False humility and false logic. The statements made earlier were conveyed with significant confidence. Asking if he is paranoid doesn't change that. Predictions about upcoming attacks do not in any way benefit investigations of those attacks which do occur.)

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Arabesque

Am I just being paranoid? Hopefully. But this is an OP ED everyone in the movement should be sending out to every channel available because it does two things: 1) It gives the 9/11 movement fresh publicity that is TOPICAL!! 2) If there really is another false flag operation being planned, it exposes the con NOW. It's the equivalent of posting ads and OP EDs in August 2001 about a false flag operation that will take down the WTC. If it's out there before the event...then it gives a future investigation seeds upon which to grow. It is the ounce of prevention!

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read for all of the obvious reasons. How about educate people on the facts of 9/11?

Remember the Kennebunkport Warning Fiasco? We need to go through this again?

Unverifiable speculation gets us nowhere and essentially amounts to fear-mongering. I don't have a problem with reporting facts, but speculation beyond that amounts to palm reading.

And we've already got Captain May doing the numerology stuff.

The fact is that most people have enough trouble as it is reaching the conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job, and trying to get people to talk about future 9/11's when they haven't even made that leap yet is a waste of energy and even more futile.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Arabesque

Why would YOU want to push the book? 1. The book’s success will allow you to increase your followers tenfold.

I dare say that the MSM has ignored 9/11 for reasons that have nothing to do with the purchase of Steve Alten's book. (And yes, I got a copy).

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. JennySparks

but if we learned anything from 9/11 then maybe it is time to focus on the next false flag operation.

If we learned anything from the Kennebunkport Fiasco, its that the next prat that goes on and on about the NEXT IMMINENT OMG WE'RE GOING TO DIE FALSE FLAG is not to be taken seriously.

You could say it's a bit of a "flag"....

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.