Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Spy caught by anti-aviation group was ‘more Austin Powers than 007’ (3 posts)

1. chrisc

This is amusing:

A spy who infiltrated a direct action anti-aviation group has been exposed after making a series of elementary errors that aroused the suspicions of genuine activists.

Toby Kendall joined Plane Stupid, the group that occupied the roof of the Houses of Parliament last month, after graduating from Oxford last year. He told the activists that his name was “Ken Tobias” and said that he was deeply concerned by the impact of the aviation industry on climate change and that he wanted to help to organise protests.

But his habit of wearing a Palestinian scarf with his Armani jeans and designer shirt made some members question his identity....

Plane Stupid began a mole hunt and, after feeding him false information that found its way within two days to the aviation industry, discovered his real name and employer.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/ind...

More on this story on Indymedia: http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/04/395895.html

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

Outsmarting the agents is good. Has any infiltrator been nailed (as convincingly as this guy) in the 9/11 TM yet?

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. JennySparks

Outsmarting the agents is good. Has any infiltrator been nailed (as convincingly as this guy) in the 9/11 TM yet?

I think they hide in plain site--no pun intended. Of the suspects we have they are either completely out in th open, using their names, cred, etc. (see I can't be an agent--this is really me!) or they're completely anonymous.

One comment about "Austin Powers": this could have been a test drive to see how coordinated the group was. Unless the agency is just dead incompetent in every other way, it might be the perfect way to test how prepared the group is and deflect suspicion from a more competent agent.

Still, it's a laugh.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.