Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

JFK Assassination 50th Anniversary (56 posts)

1. mark

There is no media in the US - right, moderate, left, up, down, sideways - that has treated the coup against JFK with integrity.

PBS is heavily funded by big business, including military contractors. There's occasionally something decent on it but not regarding deep politics.

With only a few tiny exceptions, the media has completely ignored James Douglass, "JFK and the Unspeakable."

The media would probably not behave this poorly if they were merely covering up for the Mafia.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

JFK assassination: Lone gunman theory gets more support in new documentary

(Not really a new documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJqonvtK8Q )

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/assassination+...

Almost 50 years later, many are still completely obsessed with the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Many forests have been destroyed to produce the estimated 1,000 to 2,000 books dealing with what has been described as the “mother of all conspiracies” surrounding the shooting of JFK in Dallas, Texas, on Nov. 22, 1963.

As the milestone 50th anniversary approaches, expect dozens more opuses. And, of course, myriad TV specials and documentaries.

We just can’t get enough of what may be the most compelling — and perhaps unsolved — murder mystery of the past century. Even many unborn at the time are up to speed on developments surrounding the assassination.

A team of investigators led by historian and author Max Holland tackles the so-called “lost bullet” theory and examines high-resolution restorations of witness home movies — including the famed footage from Dallas dressmaker Abraham Zapruder — in coming to a startling conclusion: There is no proof of a second sniper on the grassy knoll overlooking the street where JFK was shot. Even more shocking, Holland and his gang appear to prove that Oswald acted alone in firing three bullets at the president from the sixth floor of the Texas School Box Depository, facing Dealey Plaza.

JFK: The Lost Bullet airs Sunday at 10 p.m. on CBC News Network.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

I thought I would confirm Vincent Salandria's assertion that a critical Zapruder frame and its accompanying caption were altered in Life magazine. I bought two copies on ebay and sure enough, there is a different frame and caption for frame number 6 in each one. Nothing else appears different in the sequence. One shows the famous headshot with blood spray, the other does not. One other difference in the magazines I noticed was that the date on the cover is white on a black rectangle for one and red on a black rectangle for the other. This can be seen in the two copies below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Magazines-Life-Warren-Re...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIFE-Oct-2-1964-Warren-Com...

I'm not sure what this proves, but it is definitely fishy.

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/2...

My October 2nd, 1964 issue of Life magazine contained a color reproduction of frame 313 of the 8 millimeter Zapruder motion picture showing the moment of bullet impact on President Kennedy's skull. The caption for that Zapruder frame read: "The assassins shot struck the right rear portion of the President's skull, causing a massive wound and snapping of his head to one side." To me it appeared that striking a head from the rear and causing it to snap to one side ran counter to a Newton law of motion. So, I decided to collect oher copies of the same issue of Life.

In the next copy I acquired I found that Life had changed the caption to read: "The direction from which shots came was established by this picture taken at instant bullet struck the rear of the President's head, and passing through, caused the front part of his skull to explode forward." But in this copy of the magazine Life had changed the Zapruder frame to a later one which showed that the President's whole body had been driven not only leftward but also backwards against the back seat of the limousine by a shot supposedly fired from the rear. That frame with that caption impressed me as causing even more difficulty for the Warren Report.

The next copy of Life that I found put together the exploding-forward caption with Zapruder frame 313. Life finally got the deception right. I reported these findings in my March, 1965 articles in Liberation magazine.

Later, in 1966, I inquired of Life about the three versions of the same issue. Edward Kern, a Life editor, replied in a letter to me dated November 28, 1966. In his reply he said: "I am at a loss to explain the discrepancies between the three versions of LIFE which you cite. I've heard of breaking a plate to correct an error. Ive never heard of doing it twice for a single issue, much less a single story."

Well, unlike Edward Kern, I was not at a loss to explain the three versions. To me the three versions of Life and Life's lies about what the Zapruder film revealed show in microcosm an elegant example of how the U.S. media criminally joined with U.S. governmental civilian personages, and with the national security state apparatus to employ deceit in seeking to prop up the Warren Report.

Henry R. Luce created Life magazine. He was an ardent Cold Warrior having championed the American Century and having lobbied for the National Security Act of 1947. His widow, Claire Booth Luce, was a former member of the House of Representatives and a former ambassador to Italy. She was one of Allen Dulles' lovers. In his book, The Last Investigation, my dear friend, Gaeton Fonzi, who worked for U.S. Senator Richard Schweiker while the Senator was investigating the Kennedy assassination, told how Claire Booth Luce lead them on a wild goose chase. She effectively used up their governmentally-paid-for time by sending them on a fruitless search for fanciful persons.

Congressman Gerald R. Ford, who had been a Warren Commissioner, and who was later to become President, signed that October 2, 1964 Life article. He concluded this article with the following statement: "This report is the truth as we see it, as best we know it, and on this, we rest."

The three versions of Life demonstrate clearly the criminal conspiratorial joining together of the U.S. intelligence community, the civilian aspects of our government, and our media to support the Warren Report. They were and still are all in bed together.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. mark

And that is why Gerald Ford became President.

Fonzi's book is excellent, highly recommended as an antidote to those who are still calling for a "new investigation" of the American Reichstag Fire (9/11). It would be a nice idea but without a fundamental change in structures it's not going to happen.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. truthmod
    Administrator

Gary Mack and the evolution of a JFK conspiracy theorist

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/jfk50/explore/20130...

Mack left Channel 5 several years after Perry transferred to Dallas from upstate New York. They got to know each other and began working together, debunking various claims. Then Mack was offered the curator’s job at the Sixth Floor Museum.

“And then a whole bunch of people who knew Gary when he was a rabid conspiracy guy started saying that I was a CIA agent and it was my job to turn him,” Perry said. “And his reward for that was the job at the Sixth Floor Museum.”

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

Dallas Still Wants to Control Speech on JFK Anniversary

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2013-03-07/news/dall...

Nothing could be crazier or sadder. It is the continued determination of a small group of people in Dallas to tightly control public observations of the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination here. They want to banish the public from Dealey Plaza where it happened so that no one can go there and raise questions.

At the behest of this group, the city has agreed to barricade and shut down Dealey Plaza for two weeks bracketing the November 22 anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's murder in 1963. The longer this goes on and the closer we draw to the date, the more I feel myself getting spooked out by the whole thing. This is some weird stuff.

I learned recently that when Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings was in Washington last January for the inauguration, he met with John Judge of the Coalition on Presidential Assassinations, a national umbrella group for assassination scholars and conspiracy theorists, to explore the possibility of compromise on the 50th observations. Judge told me that he offered the mayor three possible compromise positions.

First, Judge suggested the city move its memorial event to the Kennedy Memorial site two blocks from Dealey Plaza and leave the plaza open to the public to whom to it belongs. Second, if the city insisted on using the plaza for its memorial, Judge proposed the city allow COPA to be present during the observation in some nondisruptive fashion. And finally if the city just could not share the moment, Judge suggested that a staggered timing be worked out so that COPA could move into the plaza and hold its own event immediately before or immediately after the city's event.

Mayor Rawlings confirmed to me he had met with Judge in Washington and discussed possible points of compromise. Of the suggestion that the official event remove itself from Dealey Plaza and leave the plaza open, Rawlings told me he told Judge, "I don't think so." He said he did agree to relay a request from COPA that it be allowed to meet with the committee sponsoring the event to present its thoughts, something the committee has declined to allow so far in spite of previous requests from COPA.

Rawlings told me that since returning to Dallas he has met with members of the event committee and has relayed COPA's request to talk to them. He sounded reasonably though not totally optimistic that such a meeting will take place. "If they [the committee] want to, I think we will make that happen," he said.

He also said this about Judge and his group: "John's a nice guy. It was a good conversation. I felt that they cared about this day as much as anybody, so we needed to continue that dialogue.

"I was pleased with a couple of things I heard them say. One is that it's not a massive group. I was afraid it was 500 people or something. I think it's not. I think it's a smaller group. And second, they've been very respectful [in the past]. In fact they were complaining about somebody who had disrespected their moment of silence. So I liked the tenor of what they were talking about."

COPA, by the way, has a long history of solemn and respectful observations at Dealey Plaza on previous anniversaries of JFK's death. Like Groden, Judge and most of the people we are talking about here are mature scholars who choose their words carefully and know how to behave when they go downtown. The suggestion that there is something ominous or dangerous about them — a linchpin of the city's 81 failed cases against Groden — is a lot of what keeps getting the city laughed out of court.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. truthmod
    Administrator

Early Registration Discounts for COPA Conference in Dallas
    http://politicalassassinations.com/2013/03/earl-re...

COPA is currently planning our 20th annual conference in Dallas which will mark the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy and the 45th anniversaries of the murders of Robert F. Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King.

Our theme is: “50 Years is Enough! Free the Files – Find the Truth” and we will hold our events from November 22-24, 2013 in Dallas. We will have the leading researchers, authors, ballistics, forensic and medical experts who have worked on these cases over the last five decades and the best documentary films. We plan to hold our Moment of Silence on the Grassy Knoll at 12:30 pm on November 22 as we have for the past 49 years.

Among the confirmed speakers are Dr. Cyril H. Wecht, JD, MD (our founding president), Mark Lane, Walt Brown, Peter Dale Scott and Jesse Ventura.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

John F. Kennedy assassination artifacts go on display for first time

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57579065/john-...

Some never-before-seen artifacts from the minutes and hours following President John F. Kennedy's assassination are going on display Friday, along with an extensive collection of photographs of the young president's family.

The Newseum, a museum devoted to journalism and the First Amendment, is marking the 50th anniversary of the assassination with a yearlong commemoration including two new exhibitions and a new film about Kennedy.

One exhibit, titled "Three Shots Were Fired," follows the events and news coverage that unfolded after Kennedy was shot in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. It will be on view until January, along with an extensive exhibition of photographs by Kennedy's personal photographer, titled "Creating Camelot."

For the first time, the museum is showing items from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald at the time of his arrest. The display includes Oswald's clothing, a jacket that police believe he discarded, his wallet, and the wallet's contents, including a card with the address of the Soviet embassy. There's also a blanket that was used to hide Oswald's rifle in a friend's garage. The objects are on loan from the National Archives.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. truthmod
    Administrator

Missing radio tapes, an alleged cleanup: J.F.K. limousine part of assassination conspiracy lore

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/missing...

Mack says that while the car was parked outside Parkland Hospital, something strange happened. There were odd reports by some hospital staff of a man in a suit inside the emergency area who asked for a bucket of water and some towels. (Here is another one.) “And the implication was that they were going to clean out the car — clean out the crime scene,” he says. The mysterious man was never identified, but Mack says “a bucket was photographed at the left rear door of the limo before being carried toward the emergency entrance.” And yet, photographs of the car’s backseat taken by the FBI after the car was flown back to Washington, D.C. reveal it does not appear to have been cleaned. Perhaps only the driver’s area was wiped down?

Mack points out one more remaining mystery connected with the car: the radio transmissions. Each vehicle in the motorcade that day was patched into a radio network, and he says the Secret Service was monitoring the chatter from a room at the Adolphus Hotel. The transmissions were being fed to Air Force One and, presumably, the White House Communications Agency. “Where are the tapes? No one knows,” Mack says. “The tapes could be important if, as one of the agents in the limo testified, he was on his radiotelephone during some of the assassination and his microphone could have picked up the sounds of the shots.” Mack shared this information with the Assassination Records Review Board during its 1994 research stop in Dallas when they took testimony from several people. He says the board looked into it, but never could get a straight answer. “Now, you could assume that the Secret Service doesn’t want secrets out. Well, procedural things, sure. But it opens up the door to reasonable doubt. And that’s why people are still so fascinated with this subject because parts of it, to this day, just don’t make sense.”

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. truthmod
    Administrator

Dallas Morning News special JFK 50th Website

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/jfk50/

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. truthmod
    Administrator

JFK Assassination Leads To Countless Works About 'Truth' And Conspiracies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/11/jfk-assas...

Newly uncovered video shows JFK addressing Latinos night before he was killed - but Jackie stole the show

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333183/Ne...

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. truthmod
    Administrator

Lee Harvey Oswald gets hung jury at mock JFK murder trial

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/jfk50/explore/20130...

A mock trial held Friday examining whether Lee Harvey Oswald killed President John F. Kennedy in November 1963 ended in a hung jury. The jury voted 9-3 in favor of guilt. A verdict must be unanimous.

In another nod to the questions surrounding the assassination of the 35th president, about three-fourths of the 150 who watched the trial in Dallas County’s Old Criminal Courts Building indicated by a show of hands that they did not believe the gunman acted alone.

The mock trial was part of the State Bar of Texas’ convention, which is in Dallas this week.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. truthmod
    Administrator

New JFK book by Repo Man Director Alex Cox
    http://www.straight.com/life/400361/alex-cox-attac...

Cox takes the common view (unless you’re Bill O’Reilly) that Oswald was almost certainly a government agent and false defector, later sent to infiltrate and discredit left-wing groups while keeping tabs on the bizarre right-wing extremists he hooked up with in New Orleans. He allows that the FBI informant known to history only as “Lee”, who scuppered an almost identical plot to kill Kennedy in Chicago (patsy included), was very possibly Oswald himself.

Along with an arguably over-critical view of Kennedy’s presidency, this and more are all covered in a sometimes too-brisk but nutritious 290 pages. Cox also conjures a vivid picture of the violent hate gripping America’s militia-minded right wing at the time, even breaking the narrative at one point to pen a chapter on the shooting of Congressperson Gabrielle Giffords, which occurred while he was working on the book in 2011.

He also appeared introducing "The Parallax View" here, and seems to be pro-conspiracy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kyjK214s-4

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. truthmod
    Administrator

Errol Morris is working on a feature length doc on the JFK assassination. From his "Umbrella Man" short, one might not expect anything too controversial.

Watch: Filmmaker Alex Cox Responds To Errol Morris' JFK Assassination Doc 'Umbrella Man'

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-filmm...

Throughout the career of documentarian Errol Morris, the writer/director has fiercely investigated the multiple truths to every event, whether in his own work or the support for others, as with Joshua Oppenheimer's “The Act of Killing.” Two years ago, he released a short film, through the New York Times, “The Umbrella Man,” on the Kennedy assassination, focusing on a mysterious person on the scene, and true to Morris' credos, another director has set about with his own interpretation.

In Morris' doc, he used a snippet of a conversation with author Josiah “Tink” Thompson, who wrote a book on the assassination and together they lightheartedly touch on a theory for the Umbrella Man's presence—the man in fact shot Kennedy through a rigged umbrella-turned-weapon. Now, “Repo Man” director Alex Cox has taken on the pair's claims (via Boing Boing) in a brief video reaction, elaborating on that umbrella weapon and reassessing its status as an absurd, crackpot theory.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. truthmover
    Administrator

A new documentary alleges that a Secret Service agent was the second (and accidental) shooter in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/28/jfk-secon...

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. truthmod
    Administrator

Of course a sensationalistic and irresponsible theory like that get's play on Huffington Post. I don't see them ever posting anything about the solid evidence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/kennedy-assassin...

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. truthmover
    Administrator

Exactly. I've noticed over the years that mainstream outlets that might run hip pieces against 9/11 truth and won't post anything on the issue no matter how well established, are perfectly happy to present conspiracy theories that support the official narrative.

It's disgustingly transparent in it's bias.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. truthmod
    Administrator

They're making a mockery of out of history and muddying the waters for the average person trying understand what happened. It's going to be a real circus this fall as all the 50th anniversary propaganda comes out.

ReelzChannel CEO Stan Hubbard is defending their JFK assassination conspiracy theory in JFK: The Smoking Gun: “There’s been lots of theories about the grassy knoll and everything else, but a bullet came from behind the car [Kennedy was in]. The only possible gun that could have been in that area is that Secret Service gun. So the finding is that it was an accidental discharge. Nobody’s claiming anybody did anything wrong. But at the time, in the middle of the Cold War… remember, it wasn’t a time that the U.S. government would have liked to admit a botched security detail in the most important mission they had.”

Stan Hubbard is an arch conservative billionaire.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012/11/stan_hu...

http://ww2.startribune.com/campaign_finance/donor_...

To be fair, Huffington Post did run Oliver Stone's piece about "JFK and the Unspeakable," but probably only because he was Oliver Stone.

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. truthmod
    Administrator

One of several Hollywood productions on JFK you can expect to see in the next few months. No word on whether they're going to explore the fact that supposedly all the doctors and nurses at Parkland claimed that JFK had a bullet entry wound in the front of his neck.

First Look Pictures from JFK Assassination Movie, 'Parkland'

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/parkland-pictures-jfk...

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. truthmover
    Administrator

As per my previous post, that entry wound in his neck must have been caused by the accidental shot. :/

Posted 10 years ago #
  21. truthmod
    Administrator

Doctor who treated Kennedy relives final moments
    http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2609969

DALLAS - Ronald Jones had just sat down to lunch in the cafeteria at Parkland Memorial Hospital when the loudspeaker began calling doctors to the emergency room - stat.

He dialed the hospital operator from a wall phone and was one of the first to hear: President Kennedy had been shot and was en route to Parkland. He and a few other doctors dashed down a flight of stairs to the emergency room.

The team of doctors performed a tracheotomy through Kennedy's neck, pumped IV fluids through an incision in the upper left arm and tried massaging his chest back to life. Nothing worked. When the doctors saw how one of the bullets had shattered the back of Kennedy's skull, they sensed the effort was fruitless, Jones said. An EKG machine showed no heart activity.

Posted 10 years ago #
  22. truthmod
    Administrator

La. author writes book on JFK Assassination
    http://www.katc.com/news/la-author-writes-book-on-...

Lake Charles native and former Lafayette, Louisiana resident Todd Elliott is now one of the youngest published authors in the JFK Assassination genre thanks to his November 22, 2012 story from The Eunice News on Rose Cherami.

As an investigative journalist and photographer, his book, "A Rose By Many Other Names: Rose Cherami & The JFK Assassination", came as a direct result of Elliott's feature story in the Eunice News. The story went viral and garnered well over 27,000 views. However, Elliot's first story published on Cherami, with the same working title, was featured in a November 2010 issue of Lagniappe Magazine in Lake Charles.

Set apart from the nearly hundreds of titles on the assassination, Elliott's book focused on a footnote known to JFK historians for years, Rose Cherami- who was arrested in Eunice, Louisiana some 48 hours before the assassination and claimed that the men that she was traveling with were on their way to kill Kennedy on Friday in Dallas. This was the first indication of foreknowledge and made Eunice the "birthplace of the JFK assassination conspiracy". This is the first book to be published on the subject of Rose Cherami.

Posted 10 years ago #
  23. truthmod
    Administrator

I'm sure we can trust PBS to be impartial and only seek the truth. I expect to see Gerald Posner front and center.

JFK assassination: PBS to mark 50th anniversary

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs...

Public television will devote six prime-time hours to the Kennedy story in November.

The biggest program is "JFK," a new, four-hour profile from "American Experience." PBS promises "a fresh assessment of the enigmatic man, his accomplishments and his unfulfilled promise." There will be interviews with Kennedy family members. But those fresh assessments are likely to come from historians such as Robert Caro, Robert Dallek and Evan Thomas. The program debuts at 9 p.m. Nov. 11 and 12.

On Nov. 13, PBS will look at the Kennedy assassination in two programs. "Nova" will offer what is tentatively titled "Cold Case JFK" at 9. Forensic experts will use new technology to review the weapon, bullets and wounds. "Exclusive ballistics tests provide important new insights on the controversial 'single bullet theory,' " PBS said.

The second program is part of the "Secrets of the Dead" series and will premiere at 10. "JFK: One PM Central Standard Time" focuses on the CBS reporting about the president's assassination. The special examines anchor Walter Cronkite's announcement that Kennedy had died, one of the most memorable moments in the national crisis. Those interviewed include Dan Rather, Bob Schieffer, Marvin Kalb and former President Bill Clinton. George Clooney narrates the program.

Posted 10 years ago #
  24. mark

Public BS (PBS).

Will they dare mention that RFK never believed the Warren / Dulles commission coverup?

Posted 10 years ago #
  25. BrianG

A revised edition of "A Farewell to Justice" will be released on Sept. 10.

Posted 10 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.