Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Typical anti global warming email (31 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

We have received several of these types of emails. I thought I would share this one:

Your site declares that you are for truth. Well just as the Bush Administration is trying to make more government control by the fear of terrorism, the liberal left who is the second head of the draconian government is trying to scare the green movement to make more government controls that affect our freedoms just as much as the Patriot Act does.

The goal for both agenda's is a one world government that dupes people into believing what they want. The two headed draconian government looks like they are against each other when behind closed doors they are doing the same things just with different messages to get people to voluntarily give up their rights and freedoms.

This is the truth if you propagate the Global Warming conspiracy then you are falling right in where the secret society wants you to be on their side. Honestly think about it if Global warming was that bad wouldn't the polution in the major cities be unbreathable? They are using a natural cyle in the earth to propogate their own One World Government Agenda. They do this by fear. Fear of Terrorism and fear of Global catastrophe. They did it after WWII by making the cold war and using fear of a Nuclear holocast, they did it in sixties by using fear of Global Cooling, they did in the late 90's by using fear of the Y2K bugs that would lead to Armegeddon. Now they are using Terrorism and Global Warming as their tools. Think about it and look for the truth instead of believing the false information you are being fed by a small group of scientists that are being paid to say what this Global group wants them to say so they can further push their agendas. Scientists that are coming out against global warming are being suppressed or are disappearing via means of Airplane crashes ie flight 800, or suicide, or mysterious "natural causes".

You think you are supporting the truth by helping the Global Warming cause but you only have half of the story you are being duped too. These people are smarter than you can imagine.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Sounds as if the fear and loathing of a one world government determines their version of the truth.

Should one determine truth via fear and loathing?

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. DBLS
    Inactive

I agree with most of that email, it's not that Global Warming is fake because the planet clearly is warming, but there are other causes for that (Sun) other than human emitted Co2. The issue here is that the "Man-made" theory is being used to manipulate society on a global scale. This is clear as day to anyone who's impartial, but people who have become emotionally invested in the "Man-made" theory feel that Co2 has to be cut or we face massive planetary devastation - so it's an imperative mindset that's difficult to not be dogmatic about once embraced.

Listening to Kucinich and his wife talk about Peak Oil and Global Warming made me agree with their position in terms of getting off Oil and replacing it with a big program to implement far better and greener technologies in almost all areas of the public sector, then later extending that to the private sector. I do not agree with them about Hubbert's Peak Oil theory or "Man-made" global warming though - but that is clearly the incentive that egghead sociologists have decided the people need to hear in order to prompt them into changing for the better - even if the incentives are frauds.

All that said there are others among the ruling class who are extremely dark and want to use "Man-made" global warming for far more sinister purposes. So even though I agree with the well meaning elites and Kucinich etc in principle, I do not like being manipulated period and I would much prefer honesty instead of being treated like a child and subjected to mass frauds and manipulations. Lets just make the planet better without the bullshit, ok?

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. JohnA

Your views on global warming contradict the vast majority of scientific opinion on this subject. i know of no consortium of scientists from multiple scientific disciplines around the world claiming 'the sun' is responsible for global warming. you have attached yourself to a niche theory that perhaps less than 1% of the scientific community embraces.

It seems the only person 'emotionally invested' in this subject is you.

you take to heart the fact that nearly everyone here disagrees with your opinions on global warming - and you carry this emotionallity to other forums where you bash Truthmove. You then return here to once again express your opinions and enjoy the generosity of the moderators here - expecting different results.

Just face the facts DBLS. Your opinions on global warming are out of step with the general consensus. But at least you are allowed to express them here. You owe the moderators here an apology.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. chrisc

After just listening to a talk by James Lovelock, inventor of Gaia theory held on October 29th 2007 at the Royal Academy, I wish DBLS was right... :-(

http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=25678

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. DBLS
    Inactive

"Your views on global warming contradict the vast majority of scientific opinion on this subject."

"Just face the facts DBLS. Your opinions on global warming are out of step with the general consensus."

You see this is the biggest fallacy people who believe in the "Man-made" Global Warming theory engage in. There is massive valid dissent from the now very mainstream media backed "Man-made" Global Warming theory. Yet this omission or plain ignorance underlines again the illegitimately of the "Man-made" argument because you’re putting your faith in groupthink with this "all the scientists say so" justification and believing nothing else exists worth considering. Which is not how to come to any factual conclusion about anything – it’s how to engage in dogma.

Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now Skeptics

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=...

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. truthmod
    Administrator

Thanks for the backup, guys. I choose to longer engage DBLS on this topic.

If you can't grasp that what we're doing to our environment (ourselves, and our landbase) is completely insane and and suicidal and unjustifiable, then you need to take a long look in the mirror.

I read Lovelock's last book (Revenge of Gaia) and agree with most of his dire analysis, but he also has a strange take on it where he puts a lot of blame on activists and environmentalists while apologizing for corporations. I think he's pretty pro-nuclear as well.

BTW:

Another 10 year warning. Yawn. We've already entered the terminal phase of our ecological irresponsibility. Sure we can wake up and lessen the damage, but "future" warnings like this one just seem to serve to allow people the comfort to remain in denial a little longer.

World must fix climate in less than 10 years -UNDP http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N27506841...

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. DBLS
    Inactive

"Gaia theory" a frightening cult, it’s goddess worship. Not to be contradictory though I think the idea that the planet might be an organism in of itself may have merit, that we should look after it regardless is unquestionable, but when we start talking about releasing biological plagues to kill off the "Human Virus" errm then I'm getting a little worried. Especially when you've got an elite who talk about the need for a small world population of 500 million not save the planet, but to be more manageable for them to fully dominate and "mould" - that's what I would call “completely insane and suicidal (in terms of the destiny of our species) and unjustifiable”.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. chrisc

I have just listened to another climate talk, by Dr. James Hansen on TUC Radio:

http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=25502 http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=25686

like the one from James Lovelock I think it's interesting in terms of what they think is happening and the history of climate change but I don't think all that much of their solutions -- social change isn't a subject they seem to be very good on...

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. chrisc

But Peak Oil activists often seem to have a far better idea about ways forward, for example this interview with Richard Heinberg author of The Party’s Over and Peak Everything:

http://www.davidstrahan.com/blog/?p=100

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. truthmod
    Administrator

"Gaia theory" a frightening cult, it’s goddess worship.

NWO theory is villain worship

Alex Jonesism is hero worship

but when we start talking about releasing biological plagues to kill off the "Human Virus" errm then I'm getting a little worried.

Who's talking about this. Nobody I know and respect. No environmentalists I've ever heard of. And don't give me that Eric Planka shit.

And what's wrong with reducing population in a humane and honest way? The US is 5% of world population but uses 25% of the energy. So who's really overpopulated?

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. For people who are fervently against a one world government, they put a lot of stock in the centralizing force of Alex Jones.

Posted 16 years ago #
  13. DBLS
    Inactive

"But Peak Oil activists often seem to have a far better idea about ways forward"

Not all Peak Oil advocates are sane, some of them are completely batshit and dangerous. For example get a load of this nazi scumf*ck William Stanton;

http://billtotten.blogspot.com/2005/07/oil-and-peo...

^ The guy is apparently Austrian to fittingly enough.

"NWO theory is villain worship"

No dude it would be villain vilification not worship, and besides it's a bit more complicated than "evil NWOers trying to take over the world" because there are two main competing factions who want a world government etc. One group wants a benign world democracy and is by and large for the good (and are apparntly the originators of the idea, even if the whole concept is impractical in my opinion). And the other group are dark and believe a 1984 style world tyranny is the way to go.

"And what's wrong with reducing population in a humane and honest way? The US is 5% of world population but uses 25% of the energy. So who's really overpopulated?"

^ I agree if it's actually a problem then there should be a big and honest public debate about the issue. But developed nations are in population decline with immigration being the main driver for any substantial growth. While undeveloped nations are where the main population boom is taking place due to poor living standards resulting in desperation/survival/high infant mortality forcing people to have many children etc. So the answer is to help develop the undeveloped countries and neutralize the desperate circumstances that prompt massive population growth, but the precise opposite is what we see happening. Rigged trade deals etc and all sorts of other immoral practice are foisted on the developing world in an attempt to keep a whole chunk of the planet subservient to the monopoly men. Because if these resource rich counties actually were able to stand on there own, then the resource monopolies and the global power and rule of "the one percent" would be compromised.

This underlines the actual disinterest in solving any over population problem by the people who talk about it the most, i.e. people like confessed racist and Bilderberg attendee Prince Philip, the man who wants to "come back as a deadly Virus to solve the population problem".

Posted 16 years ago #
  14. chrisc

DBLS said:

Not all Peak Oil advocates are sane, some of them are completely batshit and dangerous.

Sure... the same can be said of people questioning 9/11...

Posted 16 years ago #
  15. DBLS
    Inactive

Why was this deleted, I'll just post the link this time if the quotes are too incriminating to be displayed;

What the Malthusians Say

http://www.truthnews.us/?p=565

chrisc, nobody in the genuine 9/11 Truth Movement is dangerous, there are agent provocateurs etc who say violent garbage on we are change forums etc, but in general there's nothing of concern period. Conversely a large percentage of the high powered people who talk about "over population" are also absolutely nuts and call for genocide and "culling". There's no comparison except for the ridiculous and desperate “9/11 Truth = McVeigh” slander spewed by Glenn Beck and O'Reilly etc.

Posted 16 years ago #
  16. chrisc

DBLS said:

nobody in the genuine 9/11 Truth Movement is dangerous

I wasn't thinking of the genuine activists but rather the disinfo people...

DBLS said:

a large percentage of the high powered people who talk about "over population" are also absolutely nuts and call for genocide and "culling"

No doubt, I don't have any time for this nonsense.

Posted 16 years ago #
  17. Victronix

For people who are fervently against a one world government, they put a lot of stock in the centralizing force of Alex Jones.

Nice.

I do research for a living in a lab. To have this much across the board agreement in the world by scientists is for a reason.

Global warming is real.

"Gaia theory" is not "a frightening cult." It is connected to Lynn Margulis, a world famous scientist, former wife of Carl Sagan and strong advocate of 9/11 issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Margulis

What I say to those who are sure it's "all fake" is that "Global Warming" is going to get us to where we're going -- a better world. Look around you. People are doing yoga, they are "going Green," they are recycling, they are waking up to taking care of the world. This is a massive wave of people trying to stop pollution and waste and the cutting of trees all over the world all because of "Global Warming."

To some extent, it's doesn't matter if it's a hoax!! I don't believe it is, though. But the benefits are far more than we could possibly have done in any other way.

Think about it.

I have never had a "Global warming is a hoax" person reject that argument.

Posted 16 years ago #
  18. HocusLocus

Hi all, it's been awhile, sorry if this feels like 'pouncing'. It's not all about GW per se, it's about human causation through 'pure-chemistry' carbon. Which does not address particulates, solar influence or coincidential natural cycles (which ARE deserving of further study), it's about outright 'carbon hype'. And the extent to which IPCC fronted science has taken back seat to this hype, and how we can prevent the 'infiltration' of climate science from escalating, a grave cause for concern.

If any have interest in my previous post that was deleted, that lays these climate points and fears out (I think pretty clearly), I'll re-post it.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=...

BALI, Indonesia - An international team of scientists skeptical of man-made climate fears promoted by the UN and former Vice President Al Gore, descended on Bali this week to urge the world to "have the courage to do nothing" in response to UN demands. "The UN conference is a complete waste of our time and your money and we should no longer pay the slightest attention to the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change,)" Monckton added. (LINK) Monckton also noted that the UN has not been overly welcoming to the group of skeptical scientists. "UN organizers refused my credentials and appeared desperate that I should not come to this conference. They have also made several attempts to interfere with our public meetings," Monckton explained. "It is a circus here," agreed Australian scientist Dr. David Evans. Evans is making scientific presentations to delegates and journalists at the conference revealing the latest peer-reviewed studies that refute the UN's climate claims.

"We now have quite a lot of evidence that carbon emissions definitely don't cause global warming. We have the missing [human] signature [in the atmosphere], we have the IPCC models being wrong and we have the lack of a temperature going up the last 5 years," Evans said in an interview with the Inhofe EPW Press Blog. Evans authored a November 28 2007 paper "Carbon Emissions Don't Cause Global Warming." (LINK) Evans touted a new peer-reviewed study by a team of scientists appearing in the December 2007 issue of the International Journal of Climatology of the Royal Meteorological Society which found "Warming is naturally caused and shows no human influence." (LINK)

[...] "There is no evidence that carbon dioxide increases are having any effect whatsoever on the climate," [Vincent] Gray, who shares in the Nobel Prize awarded to the UN IPCC, explained. (LINK)

[...] [David] Evans, who believes the UN has heavily politicized science, warned there is going to be a "dangerous time for science" ahead. "We have a split here. Official science driven by politics, money and power, goes in one direction. Unofficial science, which is more determined by what is actually happening with the [climate] data, has now started to move off in a different direction" away from fears of a man-made climate crisis, Evans explained.

[...] [Evans again] "We now have quite a lot of evidence that carbon emissions definitely don't cause global warming. We have the missing [human] signature [in the atmosphere], we have the IPCC models being wrong and we have the lack of a temperature going up the last 5 years," Evans said in an interview with the Inhofe EPW Press Blog. Evans authored a November 28 2007 paper "Carbon Emissions Don't Cause Global Warming." (LINK) Evans touted a new peer-reviewed study by a team of scientists appearing in the December 2007 issue of the International Journal of Climatology of the Royal Meteorological Society which found "Warming is naturally caused and shows no human influence." (LINK) "Most of the people here have jobs that are very well paid and they depend on the idea that carbon emissions cause global warming. They are not going to be very receptive to the idea that well actually the science has gone off in a different direction," Evans explained.

[...] [Just as I had said in the deleted post] New Zealander Bryan Leland of the International Climate Science Coalition warned participants that all the UN promoted discussions of "carbon trading" should be viewed with suspicion...

Posted 16 years ago #
  19. truthmod
    Administrator

Official science driven by politics, money and power, goes in one direction. Unofficial science, which is more determined by what is actually happening with the [climate] data, has now started to move off in a different direction" away from fears of a man-made climate crisis, Evans explained.

"Unofficial Science?" So you and your friends are in the tiny, marginal, righteous minority (along with ExxonMobil, the US government, the US media, most major corporations, most right wingers) that's moving "away from fears of a man-made climate crisis." Great logic. Go on with your infinite greed, self interest, consumption, hate, and waste. Go ahead and walk off that cliff.

Oooh ooh you're so underground, you're so marginal.

Well, you can't argue with ignorance and irrationality. That's how it goes. Why don't you go back to somewhere where people will indulge your delusions. This ain't the place buddy.

Posted 16 years ago #
  20. HocusLocus

Trying to group me in with ExxonMobil, the US government, the US media, most major corporations (nope, never worked for any of 'em) or most right wingers (whatever that means) doesn't a proper response make. Of course the minority feels righteous about it, they're under seige.

In fact, only thing is clear is that I've made you angry. Sorry to make you angry! Still don't know precisely why or how.

Posted 16 years ago #
  21. truthmod
    Administrator

So let me get this straight, either you "GW is a hoax" people are suggesting:

A) That this isn't actually happening

B) That it is happening, but it's not being caused by humans and we shouldn't worry about it

C) Maybe it's happening and maybe it's not and who knows what's causing it, but let's definitely not try to do anything to ameliorate it

D) Ron Paul 2008

Ominous Arctic Melt Worries Experts

By SETH BORENSTEIN – 8 hours ago

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jCYJx0roNyeIgXt...

An already relentless melting of the Arctic greatly accelerated this summer, a warning sign that some scientists worry could mean global warming has passed an ominous tipping point. One even speculated that summer sea ice would be gone in five years.

Greenland's ice sheet melted nearly 19 billion tons more than the previous high mark, and the volume of Arctic sea ice at summer's end was half what it was just four years earlier, according to new NASA satellite data obtained by The Associated Press.

"The Arctic is screaming," said Mark Serreze, senior scientist at the government's snow and ice data center in Boulder, Colo.

Just last year, two top scientists surprised their colleagues by projecting that the Arctic sea ice was melting so rapidly that it could disappear entirely by the summer of 2040.

This week, after reviewing his own new data, NASA climate scientist Jay Zwally said: "At this rate, the Arctic Ocean could be nearly ice-free at the end of summer by 2012, much faster than previous predictions."

Posted 16 years ago #
  22. it's about outright 'carbon hype'. And the extent to which IPCC fronted science has taken back seat to this hype, and how we can prevent the 'infiltration' of climate science from escalating, a grave cause for concern.

A grave cause for concern? Please explain the gravity.

How do you regard the UN?

Posted 16 years ago #
  23. truthmod
    Administrator

Add the Nazi Pope to your list of allies. Great company you guys keep.

The Pope condemns the climate change prophets of doom http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/new...

Posted 16 years ago #
  24. HocusLocus

You call the Pope a 'Nazi' because... he's German? What a creepy place this is.

Posted 16 years ago #
  25. HocusLocus

I mean, what part of "joining the Hitler Youth was compulsory for young boys" is so difficult to understand?

Posted 16 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.